Saturday, September 17, 2011

Washington Part One

At the very end of June we made the trek up to Washington to visit our families.

Don't let the delay of this post fool you... we loved every minute in Washington. In fact, we loved it so much we took a plethora of photos (big surprise). So I have been putting off weeding through them and having to deciding which ones I want to remember the most.


We left straight from Midway (on Father's Day) and drove 13 hours to Spokane. One of the first days we were in Spokane, we went to Riverfront Park like we usually do when we're in Spokane.

Ben had never seen the falls in the Spring when they're full and waters actually gets misted up onto the walk.

The Looff Carousel. We love riding carousels, but especially this one - it's the best out of all the carousels I've ridden on.

The garbage goat. Push a button and he sucks garbage out of your hand.
We actually remembered to have garbage with us this time around... usually we go into he carousel to pick up a brochure, just so we can rip it into pieces to feed the goat.

Radio Flyer slide (climb up the back and slide down the handle)

Logan preferred the blocks over the slide

They had just been trying to catch bugs with no success.

And feeding the ducks, of course.

By this point the boys were hot and there's a splash pad at the park that I have never seen before so we let the boys get in and play around. Luckily we had an extra change of clothes in the van.

Ben took this shot... nice Ben.
The main reason we went to Spokane when we did was so we could see my nephew one more time before leaving for the MTC. He was called to serve in Brazil but is currently serving in Detroit, MI waiting for his Visa.
The second day we were in Spokane we got to have lunch and dinner with him. For dinner we went to the closest churrascaria which was in Coeur d'Alene. Yum!
Me and Cory. He'll be a wonderful missionary.

After dinner some of us walked around the board walk since it was only a few blocks away. It's the World's longest floating boardwalk and usually a classic "to-do" when we visit.
The first day we went to the Japanese Gardens on the South Hill. Ben had never been before so I was so excited to show him how beautiful they are!

Love how curious Logan is


Ben's science lesson #243: How to identify a Japanese Maple. :)
Just kidding, Ben. Logan loves learning from you.

Logan was OBSESSED with a sick coy (that was actually dead). He was starting to decompose a bit I think and he was missing an eye, which Lo couldn't NOT get over. He couldn't take his eyes off that fish.



The Lilaa Garden was right next to the Japanese Gardens so we strolled through since they're my favorite flower.
I couldn't stop smelling them... mmm...
More pics from Spokane to come. Lots more :)

6 comments:

Daisha said...

looks like a fun trip! I am very curious about Lincoln's helmet. I went back to see what you wrote and it seems like it was a great decision for him. Our little Alice is almost 4 months and she has very (at least we think so) flat and almost deformed head. She has a lot of hair so it kinda disguises i, but it slopes off and is really flat in one direction. I'm thinking she should probably need a helmet unless there are dramatic improvements in the next little bit. Just waiting to get her into the dr in 2 weeks. The wait is killing me! Any articles, websites or advice or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks- daishajohnson@gmail.com

Em and Ms said...

You're making me miss Washington! Looks like a lot of fun. I love the pictures, and I love your jacket on the floating boardwalk! So cute!

Janie Mann said...

I love reading your blog Kris! Great pics and looks like a fun trip. Hope we can go visit sometime next year.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, what a fun place! Just seeing the pictures makes me want to go there. I need to go on a trip.... You are so beautiful in all of your pictures! Can't wait for the next post.

Lee and Sharon said...

It's fun to see pictures of where I live especially when it's my family in the picture. You have some good times kiddo.

Katie said...

Makes me miss home!!