Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Missionaries

Back in August we finally got the chance to feed the missionaries! We used to share missionaries with 6 stakes. The mission just changed it so our stake has it's own set of missionaries now, so we get the chance to feed them more often.

Logan was so excited to eat with the missionaries (his idols). When you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says, "a missionary."

Dinner time was crazy as usual between a boy who won't stop talking and a boy who just yells a lot. At one point Logan left the table to go to the bathroom. I noticed he was taking a long time but I didn't question it because it was a welcomed silence at the dinner table so we could actually have a conversation with the missionaries.


He came out a while later in completely different clothes. He said he wanted to be a missionary too. He missed a lot of the meal because of this... I can't imagine how long those buttons must have taken him.



Once he noticed that the missionaries had backpacks, he ran back to his room to put his on too.



The missionaries were good sports about getting a shot with Logan. Somehow I think this day will come all too soon when Logan's the taller one in this picture.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

How precious is that? Brought tears to my eyes. I love that little boy - he is a smile maker. And yes, someday he will be taller than those elders and out serving somewhere in the world!

Lee and Sharon said...

Oh Kristi. Your Logan kills me.
I laughed until I cried. He is certainly a "jewel". He's got a good goal in sight. Remind him about Uncle CJ serving in Detroit
won't you?

Andy said...

So cute! I totally think the same thing (about it coming too quickly) when Finn asks me to sing 'I hope they call me on a mission' every night. Some nights I can barely get through it.