Now though, I am so thankful that I had a boy- I think boys are the best! I wouldn't change Logan for a girl any day of the week (although I do try to shape his mullet into pigtails on occassion...).
Logan will be one whole year old in a month, so I'll talk more about him later. The other boy in my life is the one I want to brag about right now: Benjamin.
I have the best husband in the world...
Yesterday I woke up early to go out running with Logan, then the two of us participated in the MS Walk while Ben went on a 7 mile hike with the Boy Scouts. After Ben got home I ran off to pick up a toaster oven in Springville (another story) and then went to work for a few hours.
On my drive home from work it was 5 pm, I was starving and exhausted, and was trying to come up with something easy for dinner. I have been a little burdened lately with work, my calling (12 of the ~23 callings that make up the primary are either moving, being released or are having babies and therefore need replacing, so needless to say we are very short-handed right now) and just trying to keep up on housekeeping, not to mention trying to spend more interactive time with Logan. With all of this and a headache weighing on my mind, I walked in the door to our house to find the following:
- dishes done
- dinner being prepared (this NEVER happens! and he went out of his way to make a salad just for myself since he knows I am trying to eat more healthy)
- Ben ran some errands with Logan including:
- bought and replaced new light bulbs
- stopped at the grocery store
- filled my car with gas
- washed my car
- cleaned the bathroom (and mopped the bathroom where all of my hairspray lands!)
- Logan was peacefully down for a nap
- and on top of this all Ben was actually in a very cheerful mood, and the most selfless part of all...he gave up his bike ride (he's training for a 50 mile race in 3 weeks) to do all of this for me!
I just wanted to cry. It was such a relief after a heavy week to come home to such a thoughtful husband. I feel so loved. Thanks for working so hard Ben (and for the great crab salad). You are the best and I love you!