Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gratitude

I'm a Fall kind of a person - I love everything about it: all the new school supplies, the structure that back-to-school brings, the colors, the smell of leaves on the ground, the cooler weather, the pumpkin patches, the new menu that comes with the change in crops, putting extra blankets on the bed at night, fuzzy footed jammies and I especially love the Fall holidays.
(from last Fall... I don't have any cute fall pics yet.)
I love the season of gratitude. Our family tradition for 6 or 7 years now is to put up a Wall of Thanksgiving each year that we and anyone who comes into our home can add to everyday.

And this year I've started something new and will continue this past the season. It's an online gratitude journal called Happy Rambles.

Once signed up, they automatically send you an e-mail at the end of each day and ask you the question, "What are you grateful for today?" All you do is reply to the e-mail (can be text and/or pic) and send. Then it's stored and you can go in at any time and look at your journal, and I even think it's printable.

I've tried doing a gratitude journal before but it never lasts long. I love this because of the constant reminder and how easy it is. I've been doing it for 10 days now and it's been neat to see how my perspective has changed thus far.

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."

-Frederick Keonig

I'm thankful for my boys and I'm thankful for my new find that reminds me to recognize what I already have around me.
Happy Autumn and happy season of gratitude!

3 comments:

Ben said...

I am grateful for my wife who loves her children and me even when we don't play nice! 328

April Bird said...

I always did love your idea of a "Wall of Thanksgiving" and now the Happy Rambles emails adds to that. Thanks so much for sharing! I'll have to make sure I come over some time so I can add to your wall. :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

that's awesome! i'm totally going to have to check that out!