Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally Four



Happy Birthday Logan Berry!

Logan turned four yesterday. I'm not one to wish away precious time with my little ones, anxiously waiting for them to grow up, but man this year was different.

Logan's third year proved to be the hardest thus far, for sure. There were many tantrums, many time outs and many tears of frustration on both parts. But then it seems like just a month or two ago, he turned a corner! He's all of a sudden older, bigger, smarter, more understanding, a little less crazy and a better brother. But regardless of how hard year three was, I would do it all over again.

Logan has such a personality and it has been so fun to see it evolving this year. There's never a dull moment with this guy.


Here are some fun Logan facts:

He has to stand on the porch and wave bye to Ben every morning as he drives away for work. But instead of just regular waving, he waves either the "I Love You" sign or the "Hook 'em Horns" sign with his hand.

He's an early riser, usually waking up around 6:30 every morning.

He loves Curious George. That's usually the first thing he does every morning; wanders out and navigates his way through our Tivo menu to turn on the most recently recorded Curious George episode.

Logan LOVES to dress up. He has lots of different costumes that he's usually changing in and out of through out the day.

He is a cowboy, through and through. He usually insists on wearing his boots and cowboy hat. Everyday. Everywhere. It takes a lot of negotiating to get him to wear his regular shoes.

If one of us is sick and doesn't feel good, then he'll offer to get us a glass of water, insisting that it will make us feel better.

He's crazy good at puzzles. Loves puzzles and games (especially Don't Break the Ice).

Loves surprises ("Presizes") and often asks for Ben to bring home a "presize" from work for him.

Loves dancing (especially dancing like a cowboy, stomping with his boots in the kitchen).

Loves to sing and will make up little songs. And he can finally follow a melody now. :-)

He is inseparable with his blue bike. He pushes himself everywhere on that thing.

Loves setting the table and helping in the kitchen. He'll usually help set the table without being asked.

Still takes a great nap (holding on to that as long as I can... )

Is a coloring/writing fool. He writes his name on everything and loves to draw. He's starting to sound words out.

He's a skinny minny. I swear he's weighed 35 lbs forever.

Talks loud. Talks A LOT. Especially at the dinner table.

Still loves the Wizard of Oz and listens to the soundtrack every night as he falls asleep. My You Tube favorites is clogged with mini clips from the Wizard of Oz.

Loves to race with Lincoln to see who can get jammies on the fastest at night.

Loves doughnuts.


Eating Peeps with Dad (gag)

Robot Logan


Pure boy

I woke up one morning to find this. He got them out, sorted and assembled these all by himself.


In this video Logan wanted me to sit and be his audience. I thought he was just singing/conducting one song, but then continued to sing two more.




I caught him doing his cowboy dancing. Don't ask about the music... I love that song and it's on my "Cleaning Music" play list. :-)

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I love that song too. :) That cowboy dancing was the best! I'm glad that there is light at the end of the 3-year-old tunnel! I'm only a month into and am already about to pull my hair out! I love all of those things that Logan loves--coloring, puzzles, games, dress up. What a fun little boy you have there! Happy birthday, Logan!

Kaye said...

Awww, I love that little man! I love that he still loves Wizard of Oz even though the cowboy theme is taking over. I love when we put puzzles together - I'm amazed how he figures them out! I love him playing in the dirt, dancing to Sound of Music and I love his hugs and hearing "Grandma Kaye!" What a sweet boy!

Janae said...

He is absolutely ADORABLE. Those videos are hilariously cute! I love keeping up on your family. Wish our kids could play together. Someday!!

Emily said...

What a smart 4 year old little man. And Amen to the end of 3's! I am so looking forward to it and do feel so close. He is so full of a huge, cute personality!

Lee and Sharon said...

Funny how little kids like to dance and make their shoes click. I think you have to realize this third year there was another little boy in the house too who needed lots of attention. Sometimes we need more arms and more hours in the day. I know one thing for sure, you are doing your very best - what more can we ask, right? Love that Logan and his funny little personality.