Friday, May 13, 2011


Dear Gigantic World of Min Vans,


You are much cooler than I thought you were.

I think we'll fit in with your crowd just fine now.

Especially with this:



And these guys to go inside:



Please accept my apology for thinking very bad things of you in the past. I haven't always loved how you looked in the past, and how much room you hog on the road, and how slow some of your drivers go. And I certainly haven't always wanted to belong to your club.

But I take it all back. Perhaps you've come up in the world? Perhaps you have much cooler features now that will make my life SO much easier? Or maybe it's because I have entered the world of goobery children and crave simplicity and ease?

Either way, I bow down and kiss your tires. I'm converted.

Cheers to many, many miles of long road trips (in comfort!) that await us.

Sincerely Yours,
A very happy mom of two who needed more space (and keyless entry :-)


10 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing...I have felt the same way and vowed I would never drive a mini-van. Now with #3 on the way I am thinking that mini-van's aren't as bad as they might seem...but I will still never be one of those "mini-van drivers" who we all hate because they can't drive!

Torrie and the girls said...

Once you go van you never go back!! I was the same way, I didn't want to be a m.m.i.m.v ( mad mom in a minivan) I wanted a cool SUV, but ever since i sat down in my Odyssey I was hooked! I hope you enjoy as much as I have, they are wonderful!

Kaye said...

We had two mini-vans while the kids were growing up. I hauled kids, wood, paint, furniture, cats, turtles, fish, spiders, cockroaches, firewood, luggage, beach gear, bikes, rocks and more. I loved my last mini-van because it had all the cool bells and whistles and hated to sell it but we just had too many cars. You will love this for the boys and all the other little ones to come! Hooray for you!

Emily said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I think yours is a newer version of ours but we LOVE it and I totally understand the "joining the club" thing and you never thought you would. I guess cause you never knew how much you would need and want it! Congrats!

Tiffany Johnson said...

HAHA!!!! I'm so glad you've joined us! You will love love love it!! Addy can't get enough of it these days.. she always asks if she can go play in the van. It's now a cool fort. Bet you didn't know they had that feature! :-)

Katie said...

Sweet new ride!! Love it!! If it makes you feel better, remember my lovely wooden van, long before I was married or had kids!! lol

Lee and Sharon said...

Truly a Utah Mormon Mom now.
I'm just waiting for the rode
trip up here. (hurry)!!
(love your new van)

Unknown said...

Sweet ride! I'm totally with you on the mini van, I would happily join the club!

Erin McSpadden said...

lol, ah kris you are so funny! i have yet to be converted. ;)

Marce said...

sweet ride, hot mama!

is it weird that i am coveting a mini van?

is it weird to admit that i am coveting a mini van?

wow.

wish i could see you driving in style in person...
so awesome!