Monday, September 13, 2010

Officially White Trash

(Ignore this post... it's old from 2010. I just had to edit some words in this post because I was getting so many hits just from people searching for wizzardd of Ozz (mispelled on purpose).

I'm not sure how the term "white trash" ever came to be, but I'm pretty sure we would fit under the definition a few weeks ago when we went to Thanksgiving point.

We decided to meet up with our friends, Megan and Sol, for the last $2 Tuesday in August at Thanksgiving point. It wasn't until we were already on the way there that we realized they had a splash area, therefore I had no swimming suit in tow. "Oh well," I thought, "Because my child is the poop-master these days, I have a couple pairs of undies and diapers and extra pants. I'll just save swimming for last and we'll be good."

Well.... because I had to save one last dry pair for the ride home, and because of a series of unfortunate events... by the end of the day this was all that was left for "swimming"...



and of course they had to be white.


So there was my child, splashing around in his white Wall-E unders, happy as a clam and completely unaware that mostly everyone around him was a tad more modest than he.
Oh to be free like that again! :-)

A little white trash? Yes. But I think a complete melt down would have ensued had we tried to sneak past this gargantuan Noah's Ark splash pond.
In spite of our moment of white-trashiness, we had a super fun time! I had never been to that part of the park before but there was so much to do! I highly recommend it.

Logan and Sol. FYI - that's not a choke hold... it's just a hug. Poor Sol!


Lincoln doing what he does best, holding down the stroller.











6 comments:

Kaye said...

I love all of this, especially Linc's Oz hair - very fitting. And who cares if he's in his unders - he's having a blast!

Kristy said...

Haha! I had no idea there was a splash pad at Thanksgiving Point--next summer for sure! Oh to have no inhibitions! :)

Katie said...

Good thing munchkin hair is adorable on babies, right?! And I think you're a great mom for letting Logan play in his undies, even if you felt a little white trashy!! :)

Unknown said...

That turned out to be so much fun. It was great to hang out, chat, and let the boys play. I love the white trash pic. I showed Dave, we decided we'll have to save these pics to tease/embarrass them when they're older. :)

Lee and Sharon said...

Love it Kris. You guys know how to have so much fun. Looks like a great place to play.

Erin McSpadden said...

so funny about the munchkin hair! love it!