Thursday, September 23, 2010

Family Photos... Finally!

I think the last time Ben and I were officially photographed together as a "family" was.... let me think... our wedding day EIGHT YEARS AGO. We've taken nice pictures here and there (my sister is a photographer after all...), but never an actual full blown photo shoot. I think I just haven't thought of it as a priority.

But times are achangin' friends. Now that our family is two whole homo sapiens larger, we thought it was about time. Our good friends, the Barkers, live in Texas, but because he works for Southwest they get to come up and visit their family here as often as they want. So a few weeks ago while they were in town, Kalli took us for an official photo shoot and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun and non-awkward it was! I think we've been missing out these past eight years of photography-neglect.

And I'm so excited to share the results...

There's a sneak peak on her blog here, but you can view them all by going to her website here and entering "parker" for the password.

And besides the images featured on her blog, here's just a handful of my favorites.:

PS) The adorable quilt you see in these photos was made for Lincoln by one of my oh-so-talented sisters. Thanks Andy! I just happened to notice the day before our photo shoot that the boys' clothes coordinate the quilt perfectly - I love the colors!





Yes... I know I look pregnant in this family shot, but I can't help but still love it because of Logan! This was one of the poses that didn't feel posed. Instead of following Kalli's instructions, Logan opted to just squeeze Dad's leg instead.

The funny thing about this shot is that it was blasted hot this day, but I know that layered outfits make for a more interesting and textured photo, so I insisted that we all have at least two layers on. Poor Logan had two layers, a down vest and a hat on. ha ha I'm a mean Mom, I know. I think we were all sweating bullets here. :-)



I think this was Ben's favorite part of the shoot... right hun?
I, on the other hand, like this photo because it shows off my cute new pair of shoes that were a steal of a deal ($10 at American Eagle!) It's been a while since I've treated myself to a new pair of kicks. :-)


I loved this one of Logan too because he was insistent on getting his picture taken with this train holding the wheel. Kalli made him a deal that if he sat good for the family shot with the train then she would take a picture of him holding that wheel. Can you see pure delight in his eyes here? So satisfied that his wish was granted. :-)


My walls have been bare for almost a year when I got claustrophobic and just took everything off my walls one day. :-) I can't wait to show others who visit our home what is most important to me.... family!

12 comments:

Daisha said...

Adorable pictures and I loved the colors you are all wearing.

Andy said...

such great photos - I love them all (oh and I'm flattered that my quilt makes a cameo appearance)

Kalli said...

Awesome pictures! (If I do say so myself.) But out of all the photoshoots I did that week, yours turned out to be my absolute FAVE. So thanks for showing up in layers and bringing your awesome laid back attitudes! I had a blast!

Brianne said...

Your pictures are amazing!! Where did you take them? We are getting family pictures taken next week and I have been looking for a good place to go!! Your family is gorgeous!!

Lee and Sharon said...

Love them all Kris. Adorn you walls with your family.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Kristi, those pictures are so beautiful! I love all of them! It makes me want to go get our pictures done. :)

Erin McSpadden said...

love love love them!

Melanie said...

these pictures are delightful! I love the colors. makes me want to get our family pictures taken.

can't wait to see you!

Emily said...

HOLY CRAP! I just mean "SO CUTE!" I absolutely loooovvee them! Thanks for sharing them.

Katy said...

Very cute pictures of a very cute family! BTW, I LOVE your shoes!!!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

you are all so photogenic and nice backgrounds, my fav is the black and white of the family shot and then you and ben. How fun I am so glad you guys did this.

Maegan said...

i want kalli to take our family pictures. they turned out SOOO cute!! your little boys are so beautiful! i don't think you look pregnant in that picture.