Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cake Time

So, I realize I just did a tribute post to Logan for his first year, but I wanted to put up some pictures of the family gathering we had for his birthday. This is for the grandmas who couldn't be there!
The theme of his bash was camping.


If you can't tell his smash cake was a my measly attempt at a campfire. We had a BBQ, campfire and s'mores roasting in our back yard.




Opening presents, kind of.



This was hilarious so I had to include it...this is Logan's cousin. So we had dinner and cake in our backyard and so I planted some flowers a couple nights before to try to spiffy our yard up. Here's one of them that Abby found and was walking around with. I am happy to report that flower is still alive.


Just starting to dig in...




The smearing stage...



Pretty much demolished.



7 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my goodness, that cake looked so awesome! My skills only go as far as a Pillsbury cake in a box and frosting with sprinkles in it. :) He sure did a good job smashing it up! How cute.

Angela said...

The cake looks awesome! I loved the campfire idea.

Em and Ms said...

Great job on the cake! You're so creative. I love the first birthday pictures--so cute with cake smeared everywhere!

Andrea said...

Kris- I think you did a GREAT job on that little cake! You creative girl you! I am loving to get the chance to see how logan is doing, and how he's growing. Nick and I can't wait to meet him this year at xmas. Love all the pictures!

Tiffany Johnson said...

haha.. you got some great pictures!!! He's so stinkin cute!!!!

Marce said...

he gets cuter and cuter every day. happy birthday logan! hope it was THE BEST! (awesome cake, by the way! you are so crafty miss kris)

Katy said...

The cake is so cute, and I saw the invitation at Maegan's house. So you put almost everyone to shame. You are amazing!!!