Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Logan!


Last Thursday, May 22, Logan turned 1 year old! I am so proud of all of his accomplishments in the past year; he has done and learned so much.

We waited a long time for him to come into our family, but he was worth every minute of waiting, every minute of throwing up my first two trimesters, and every minute of my extremely swollen feet (ok, let's be real...every minute of my extremely swollen body.) I never knew I could be so excited to see my own ankles and collar bone again!



Here are a few things that make him who he is, and some of my favorite things about him:

1. His absolute favorite food is applesauce. We call it the magic food because we can pretty much combine it with anything green and he will eat it. Magic!

2. Logan was one week late. Ug. 12 hours after my water broke he finally made his debut into the world.

3. He stands up in his crib and jumps on the mattress out of excitement when we walk into his room when he wakes up from a nap. Of course the mattress is old and bows in the middle, so it is pretty much like a trampoline for him.

4. He has a contagious smile. From very early on Logan has been brimming with smiles to share with everyone.

5. He is a wonderful sleeper. From 3 or 4 weeks on he has slept pretty much through the night (with exception of bouts of sickness and teething, don't we just love teething?). I attribute all of his success to three things: (1) I am very blessed from above (2) He weighed a great 9 lb 5 oz when born and (3) This book.

6.His hair. We are embracing the mullet for now until I can get up the courage to admit that my baby is old enough for his first hair cut!

7. When either Ben or I walk in the door, Logan will now crawl over to greet us waiting to be picked up and hugged and loved on.

8. He absolutely hates having his face wiped off. He screams like I am cutting off his arms any time we get close to his face with a rag. So this may explain any dirty faces you will see on him in the future.




9. Logan is very, very ticklish, especially on his back.


10. He is a very content kid, most of the time. He has always had a laid-back personality and is very content with life most of the time. He has always been patient with Ben and me, for sure.

11. Last time we checked, his head was in the 95th percentile. That would be the Johnson genes. :-)

Happy Birthday Logan- congratulations, you survived your first year with me as your mom. We love you very much!

7 comments:

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

I love this pic, the hair and the intense stare of you better share that dessert with me or else :-)

Lee and Sharon said...

I loved all of your pictures Kris.
Dad says that Logan makes him laugh every time he looks at his pictures. He is such a cute little guy.

Janae said...

Happy birthday Logan! He's so so sooo adorable! Love the hair--I know what you mean when you don't want to cut it.

The kids and I will be in Utah in July--we'd love to do something with you guys while we're there!

Stephanie Salmon said...

What a cute tribute to your little guy. I can't believe it was a whole year ago that you guys were here having him and I was up visiting probably too much! Crazy how time flies.

Katie L said...

Yay!! Happy birthday big boy!!! Funny pictures! Don't worry, after my c-sections, my feet were so wide and poofy that I couldn't walk well.

Tiffany Johnson said...

YAY!!! I can't believe he is one already. It's still so weird to me. They grow up so fast! I love that picture of Hailey hugging him! She sure loves Logan! We're so glad to have you guys in our lives! And, congrats to you, mom. You've done a great job thus far raising cute little Logan!

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Logan! What a neat tribute. He's the cutest!