Friday, June 18, 2010

Linc n' Beans

...the endearing name that Logan has given to Lincoln. Almost like pork n' beans, but not quite.

Ben: "What's your brother's name?"
Logan: "Lincoln."
Ben: "What's his full name?"
Logan: "Lincoln Beans."
Alrighty.

Here is some catch up of Lincoln's life at home so far:

*He's already 6 weeks old!
*He's been a good baby thus far and pretty content.
*His eating isn't the greatest, but doesn't take nearly as long as Logan, so I'll take it.
*He likes bath time and doesn't cry during diaper or clothes changes.
*He is a grunt factory. He is always grunting and moaning and is a noisy eater.
*He's been sleeping about 6 hours most nights for a couple weeks now (horray!). I can function on that so I'm a happy Mama.
*He has started cooing more and more.

Life with 2 has definitely been an adjustment but I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. And I think I'm finally getting the hang of it nowa days. Getting around town takes more time, but I still manage it. My memory is worse than ever before, but oh well. Please take no offense if all of a sudden I can't remember your name. :-)


His first bath at 1 week old



Our first family walk at 1 1/2 weeks). Complete with Woody (who must be strapped in, of course) and furry Abby (in the background). It was bright so Logan was trying to keep his eyes open.


Lots of Nana time



and lots of Marmie time.



Soaking up the snuggle time. Next time I blink he will be off and running, refusing anything close to a snuggle.



Linc started smiling a couple weeks ago at 4 weeks. Finally a little reward. He smiles most right after a feeding when he's content and ready for play time. I have yet to get a great pic of his smile, but these will work for now.



His neck is getting strong and he holds up his head pretty well now. He's already out of the floppy, new born, sack-o-beans stage. :-(



Story time with Logan. He loves to read to his baby brother and sing him songs (I am a Child of God) when he's crying. So sweet.



Naked hugs. Logan loves to give naked hugs at night when he's changing into jammies, and Lincoln, of course, needs them too.



Holding hands. You can see how happy Linc is about it.



Everyone needs a monkey. Monk is Logan's most prized possession and I'm so proud of him for sharing it with his brother.



5 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

What cute pictures!! I love how good Logan is with him. Thanks so much for coming over this morning. I love it when people just stop by. I'm glad I was dressed. :)

Katie and Jason said...

Thanks for the pictures!I've been wanting updates on the little guy. Does he look like Logan?

Katy said...

Oh man, he's just so adorable. I want to kiss him and squeeze him! ;)

Kaye said...

This post and the next one just make my heart melt! What darling boys. Hurry up here so we can play. I'll even let Logan take a bite out of every cookie!

Tamara said...

I like Lincoln Beans - I say we go with that.