Monday, November 30, 2009

HAPPY birthday

I love mother; she loves me.
We love daddy, yes sirree.
We have a garbage disposal now, so you see...
We are a HAPPY fam-i-ly!

Thanks to all the wonderful birthday wishes I got on my birthday - it really made my day!

And thanks to my hubby who gave me the dreamiest, melt-your-heart-iest gift ever: a garbage disposal!

I know I've turned into my mom, who always left me baffled with requests of new dish towels and kitchen utensils for her birthday and Christmas. But now I understand: when your sink doesn't smell for the first time in three years and dishes are much more pleasant to do - everyone wins! Yea! {insert non-pregnant jumping up and down and cheering here. Wait. Who am I kidding? There has been no jumping, really, since before I birthed a child. ha ha.}



Here she is...ain't she a beauty? I really was excited to make food just so I could shove it down the disposal. And of course Ben let me take the first spin.





Mr. installation himself. With much thanks to his electrical coach (Dad) and a plumbing mentor who wished to remain anonymous. Thanks Ben!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Wooohoooo!! What a great day! Glad your sink doesn't stink anymore!! Enjoy!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Don't you love how romantic gifts become once you've been married for a while? I was thrilled to get roman shades for our laundry room door for my birthday. :)

Andy said...

Aw, come on! I wanted to see some jumping up and down.

Cute blog background, by the way!

Richardson said...

About the jumping thing. One day Rob and I decided to go to a place called "jump on it" towards pleasant grove with James and my younger bros. It's basically a bunch of trampolines next to each other and you jump around and act crazy. Ya, not so much a good idea after giving birth. It was kind of a reality check for me.

Maegan said...

you're so funny kristi. she really is beauty. i'm glad you had a good birthday!

Em and Ms said...

Happy Birthday! I know exactly what you mean about turning into your mother :) Enjoy your new disposal!

Emily said...

Congrats! I totally understand. I've been talking about wanting a handvac for some time now. :)

Kaye said...

I want to come and shove some leftovers down it. Congrats on being sensible - it makes life much easier, doesn't it?

Lee and Sharon said...

I am so jealous Kris. It's a beautiful addition and I know you will love pushing food down.

(Ben can do anything)

Really like your new blog layout too.

Megan Erickson said...

That is a great gift .. one i have had on my list for a while... but haven't received.. but I will be showing this post to Jordan.. maybe give him some more ideas for Christmas. I have gone so long with out a garbage disposal i wouldn't even know what to do with myself if I did get one! Happy Birthday!

Tamara said...

I remember the joy of getting a garbage disposal so well myself!

Tiffany Johnson said...

NICE!!!!! I love your new present. Way to go Ben! Nice work. :-) But, admit it, you know you miss that musty, moldy smell of a non-disposaled sink!