Thursday, December 10, 2009

Conversations

Ever since Logan hit his second language spurt a little bit ago and his vocabulary is growing bit by bit, little conversations are actually possible now. Let me tell you... this makes the half hour at the lunch table much more interesting than staring at each other and out the window. :-)

Well since these little conversations have been happening, there have been some things I've been explaining to little toddler ears that I never in a lifetime pictured myself verbalizing.

For example, the other night our conversation (keep in mind these are simple "conversations" here) went like this:

At the dinner table...

Logan: (burped, smiled, looked at me and pointed to his mouth) "I tooted in my mouf!"

Me: "um... well... kind of..."

I then proceeded to explain (and point with my hand) in toddler terms where burps come from and where toots come from. I was going to post the entire conversation, but I think I will just spare you the actual words that came from my "mouf".

I'm so glad that Logan is comprehending more and conversing, but I have a feeling this will not be the last of those...um...delightful toddler conversations. Or grade school conversations... or teenager conversations...*shudder*.


On a not-so-different topic, can I just say how much I love boys?

This very well could have been the same night at the dinner table...

"What are they looking at" you ask? That would be toe jam (who thought of that word anyway? Gross.) A bonding moment between father and son, picking out toe jam together.... at the dinner table.


And I often see half-naked prancing around the house with "fire boots" on. If you can't tell, those are his rubber boots that look like firetrucks. A dream come true. :-)


And speaking of BOYS, I found out about a month ago (thanks again Steph!) that we are having another one!!! I put that detail on facebook, but forgot to post it here.

A tired, worn out, end-of-the-day-picture at 19 weeks along.
I would have posted another pic (perhaps one a little more flattering...) but this is the only one I have so far. This is a second child for sure!

9 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Awesome conversations and quality time together-hahaha! I'm a huge fan of boys myself, having 2. They are the best! Congratulations on your second!! That is so exciting that there will be brothers close in age! They will be great friends eventually. You look so beautiful!!

Stephanie Salmon said...

You're quite welcome. :) Oh, your belly is so cute! I need to post a belly shot now that I'm half way. There's just still not much of a belly....but it is getting there!!!

Lee and Sharon said...

You are cute Kris. Love that Logan and he makes me laugh so hard. It's so hard being here and you being there. Wish we were closer. We miss our grand babies so much - - - (and our kids too)
Keep us entertained with your posts.

Emily said...

I love the toddler talk. That's great. And you look so cute pregnant! I hope you're feeling good too.

Katie said...

I love it!! Logan is so cute...and you are too!! Miss you!

Melanie said...

i love those cute little conversations. i'm so happy you are having another boy. the baby and logan will be great buddies.

Erin McSpadden said...

So excited that it is a boy so far but... Carli was such an obvious boy untill 20 and 1/2 weeks when we found out she was a girl. I'm not gonna believe it till its after 20 weeks cause things can change. lol
We Love Little Boys and all the funny yucky wonderful things that come with them!

Tamara said...

I love this whole post. Logan makes me laugh! Your belly is so cute Kris!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

Logi is getting big. Does he say anything about your belly yet? I am glad you got a prego photo. I wasn't on top of things with jack, I was way more lax him being the second. I actually only have one pic of me pregnant with him I think because he came so early.