Sunday, November 22, 2009

Attitude of Grattitude

Ben and I got the chance to speak in Sacrament Meeting today in our new ward. Well, it's not completely new. Just 2 weeks ago our ward was dissolved and was split between two other existing wards. Crazy, but very exciting.

Anyway, we got the chance to speak on gratitude and that's just what I needed. While researching the topic, I came across this site on lds.org and loved it. There are short videos to watch and quotes to read and it completely lifted my spirits.

I thought I'd share - so here's the link if you've been feeling sorry for yourself or need a lift today:

http://www.lds.org/topic/gratitude/

Here's to a season of gratitude, thinking of others more than ourselves, and questioning at the end of every day, "How have I seen the hand of the Lord in my life today?" Happy (soon to be) Thanksgiving!



(And because posts are better with pictures, here's a trip we took to the temple back in August)







5 comments:

Kristy said...

Crazy that you already had to speak in your ward! We had to wear name tags yesterday--awesome. Those pictures are fab!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, those pictures warmed me up. I miss the warm weather. :) That's what we should do all winter long, is post summer pictures. Ha ha ha.

Katie and Jason said...

Thanks for the reminder Kris. I'm sure your talk was awesome!! Happy Thanksgiving to you. And Happy Birthday!! You're the best!!

Katy said...

I love the pictures at the temple. You guys look great. What a beautiful day.

Maegan said...

i LOVE his hand in the fountain water! he looks so serene in that picture with ben. can't wait to see him!