Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The time has come...

The time has come to really begin monitoring our language.

I'm not a potty mouth (at least not now that our last cat, Chaco, is long gone. Dumb cat).

But I'll admit that an occasional word of frustration slips out sometimes.

And thanks to Ben, Logan's virgin mouth has now repeated, "Oh crap" and "Damn it". He's also discovered the word "boobs". Ack. Not sure where that one came from.

Here's to better filtering. :-)

Here's the potty-mouth himself holding his favorite (and I'm not kidding when I say FAVORITE) ostrich from a puzzle.

I would like to add that for a long time Ben tried to convince me that this was a flamingo. Really? I think he still believes it, but has given up arguing with me.

9 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

We have the same puzzle...sorry Ben its an Ostrich!!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Ha ha, that is so funny! I think I would blame the potty words on the TV. :)

Ben said...

It is a Flamingo and that is the last I am going to say about it!

Tamara said...

It is soo an ostrich.

Kaye said...

Flamingo. Not.

Lee and Sharon said...

pink chicken

Kalli said...

I couldn't comment on the last post because there were too many comments. I like to have them spaced out so that it looks like people equally care about my life in all aspects. #1- I haven't seen your hair and I absolutely LOVE the color. #2- Sometimes I base the quality of my life on how many comments I get. #3- When I have a new posting, I check my blog probably about 10 times to see if I have any more comments. #4- Mackay has started saying, "Oh my gosh!" every time I change Zack's diaper. Although it doesn't sound like she is saying gosh....

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

we have that puzzle too, our vote is an ostrich where did you go to school ben? BYU? ha ha. By the way We caught Davis saying damn it one day and since then no swear word has crossed our lips at least not mine:-) Love you guys. By the way I love getting comments too.

Katy said...

Hmmmm...there really is no doubt about it, Ostrich!

The lovely things kids pick up...but I guess it is good because then we are forced to clean up our language. Afterall, it doesn't sound great hearing an adult say "crap" (or worse things) either.