Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I Couldn't Leave Behind

On my "Why the crap do I blog?" post, my friend Emily advised that when blogging gets behind, just start fresh and forget trying to catch up 2 months worth of life in one post. Very wise. And I'm taking that advice...mostly. While looking at my pictures of the past month, there were some moments I just couldn't pass up and leave behind:

The Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Very long with a child and crowds, but very worth it.

Crossed fingers.
I apologize in advance if my child comes up to any of you, shoves his left hand 2 inches away from your face and demands, "Yooook!" insisting that you "yook" at the fingers that are crossed and outstretched toward you. He is so proud of his new accomplishment and is currently working on the other hand.

Seeing my crazy husband run alongside professional cyclists at the Nebo summit during the Tour of Utah, just like you would see in the Tour de France. It was hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time. :-)

Cheering Ben on at the ULCER finish line. It was freezing and windy that day so Logan was sporting Ben's arm warmers on his legs.

Washing bikes with Dad. It comes as no surprise that Logan is as obsessed with bikes as Ben is.

So there. I pulled those out of the archives and will put the rest behind me. Going fresh from here forward.

6 comments:

Andy said...

Those are all priceless. I love the crossed fingers and the washing of the bikes.

Katy said...

So when I first read this post, I thought you wrote that Ben was riding alongside the professionals, and I thought, "What is so embarrassing about that?" Then I went back and reread that part...running alongside...and I was dying! Too funny!

Janie Mann said...

I'm glad you didn't leave these behind, they were fun to read about and see!

Kalli said...

I am trying to enjoy your blog with Mackay at my side. She asked, "Who's that?" So I explained who your family was. I then said, "Do you remember playing with Logan?" (I didn't explain to her that the last time they hung out Logan tried to kill her--no hard feelings.) She is now running around the house saying, "Logan, where are you? Logan!!" Oh, and I love that he can cross his fingers. That is so cool.

Lee and Sharon said...

I remember kids trying to learn how to click their fingers but not so much the crossing.
Next comes learning to blow bubbles with bubblegum.
That Logi is a cutie.
Thanks for all of your pictures Kris. Keep them coming.

Katie and Jason said...

That was a great update, nicely done!! Keep the pictures and updates coming. Now that I'm in Cali, I need all the pictures I can get. ;)