Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bear Lake Weekend

A few weeks ago Ben competed in the Bear Lake Classic (a 50 mile race around Bear Lake). This is his fourth year racing at this particular event and we love going each year. We usually camp the night before the race and every year it is absolutely freezing at night, so this year we got smart and camped cabin-style with the Cooks. Yea! It was 10 x's better than the past 3 years. Ben did great, as usual, and we had a blast. Here's some proof:


Before the race (you can see our sweet cabin in the back ground. It even had a little bathroom - wonderful) !
Lining up (the 5 guys in the front row are all from the same club that Ben helped start up. Their jerseys are coming in soon).
Playing at the park while the guys were racing

Like father like son.

At the finish line

The boys and their bikes.

Sol (aka Sauce) eating dirt


The Cooks


After the race we got to play on the beach a little bit. The water was freezing, but that didn't stop Logan.

He was so concerned about sand on his hands.

Soaking up the heat from the sand.

Love this shot

That night we played at a park where Megan discovered a swing for a disabled person and boy was it fun. We all had to take a turn. :-)

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Looks like fun! Those pictures on the beach are beautiful!

Andy said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Good job finding that cabin - i bet it was so much better than freezing at night! I think I want to get one of those swings for me - they look relaxing.

Stephanie Salmon said...

I really am so sorry we didn't make it to Logan's party! I meant to ask you how it went, but I've been super stressed and busy lately. Looks like Bear Lake was fun. We'll have to join you next year!

And I can't believe I haven't talked to you about Cyleste yet! She saw your blog link from my blog and asked me how I knew you. She is in our townhomes and she and I have been serving in YW together for quite a while now. I love them! What a small small world.

Lee and Sharon said...

I love looking at your pictures, Kris. What a fun weekend for you guys. The Lake is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your fun times.

Tiffany Johnson said...

K, that picture of Dave pushing Ben and Logan in the swing.. oh my! That is so funny for some reason. Great shots!! Glad you guys had a good time.