Friday, June 19, 2009

A Package Came Today!

I'm a little behind on posting, somewhat due to an Oprah challenge that we took last week, but I wanted to brag for a minute.

Today we got a special package in the mail. Normally I can't
not open a package that is addressed to Ben when it is delivered in the middle of the day and it is taunting me all day long. But, today I didn't peek. {pat on the back}


So when Ben got home and opened this curious little cylinder of a package, we were both excited to see his diploma!


So you're thinking, "So what, a another piece of paper to frame and hang in the office?" Well my friends, this diploma is wonderful for two reasons:

1: This represents a raise in his pay, now in effect now that the diploma is here. Not gonna lie... more money is a welcome thing right now.


2: This piece of paper is a small representation of how awesome Ben is. He spent the past two years working hard on his masters degree in Educational Administration from the University of Scranton, all while:
  • working full time to support our family
  • serving as the Young Men's President
  • having many hobbies to fill the little cracks of time left available (see here)
  • cleaning the bathroom every Saturday morning (and more!)
  • having a baby (ok, well I had the baby, but you get what I mean) and delving into the sweet world of fatherhood
  • doing more than his fair share of bed time and baths for Logan
  • taking Logan while I served in my Primary calling and worked
  • repaired numerous things around the house
  • and the hardest one of all... putting up with me!
These past two years weren't always a walk in the park for our little family but what's life without a little trial? The blessings have far outweighed the hardships.

I actually can't list every awesome thing Ben has done in the past two years, but I just wanted to say how proud I am of him and how thankful I am for a hard working and extremely talented husband. My husband ROCKS!
Love you Ben!




10 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Way to go Ben!! And Kristi, I'm glad you posted. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and it's nice to "hear" from you. We need to take better advantage of living so close to each other...

Lee and Sharon said...

We think Big Ben is great too, Kris. He's just awesome.
Protect & frame that piece of paper.

Nick said...

what a stud!! i even teared up a bit. love you guys!

Nick said...

that was from maegan.

Levi H. said...

Go get the biggest frame you can find. Its worth showing off. Congrats!

Melanie said...

That's awesome. congrats ben!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

yeah, Ben and family. Great job, whew! I know what Kristi is thinking...more money, now we can think about moving to an area with a bigger ward where there are more people to serve in big callings. Just kidding sister,there is no escaping. we love you guys.

-mindy & family

Tiffany Johnson said...

Ben is pretty cool, I have to agree! :-) And you are a great wife for recognizing all those great things... you guys are a great match! We feel very grateful to have you as friends!

Katie and Jason said...

Nicely done you two! What a great accomplishment! you both ROCK!!

Emily said...

That is seriously cute! I love it. And you deserve EACHOTHER- you too are amazing!