Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's Music?

Ok, so I'll be the first to admit that since this guy came into my life

some things that just aren't necessary have taken a backseat...such as keeping up on current music. And I'm completely ok with that. I've learned to embrace kid songs, primary songs and my good old stand bys from high school and college days {yea for Weezer}!

But tonight while watching So You Think You Can Dance {anyone else a fan?} I heard a song that I've heard before and loved, but have forgotten about. So I did my research and came to find out that song is Winter Song by Ingrid Michaelson {and Sara Bareilles}. So I checked out some more of Ingrid Michaelson's songs and discovered that I love her music that I've heard so far.

If Grey's Anatomy was its own music genre then I would have to say that it would be my favorite. I love the mellowness and honesty of {most of} the music featured on Greys. And I think that Ingrid captures that same feeling. Her songs make me think of pasley wall paper, vintage style washed out photographs and yellow flowers.

So there you go. I induldged on music tonight and loved it so I thought I'd just share.
Here's a blip on YouTube about Winter Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-x9fZRQT4

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I love SYTYCD and Ingrid Michaelson. There's a lot of similar singers that I love. I've found out about most of them from Matt's cousin Marilyn. Check out her blog if you want to find more: http://meetthepassionista.blogspot.com/

Lee and Sharon said...

It's a good song Kris. It's a very interesting thing about music and how it makes a person feel and the thoughts it brings. (good or bad). I will check out Ingrid's music. One of my most desired needs is music - - just gotta have it. Driving, doing housework, cooking, even helps with insomnia.
Loved reading your thoughts and feelings about music, Kris. I always wanted my kids to have a love for music and animals and I think that has been achieved.