Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where Have I Been? Part 2

I feel like a part of me is missing. Ok, not really. But a part of me is actaully missing, though. A few days after getting back from vacation I had my wisdom teeth extracted. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had heard or expected it to be, probably for a few reasons:

1) anesthesia. All I remember is waking up sitting in a wheel chair (not sure how I even got there) and being so irrationally concerned that the doctor remembered to extract all four teeth, not just two. I even asked to see them (ew). I was not about to go back for more.

2) pain meds. hallelujah for hydrocodone that didn't make me nauseous or hallucinate at all.

3) Jera and Desi. My mother-in-law and sis in-law came to stay with us for a week and take care of me and Logan. Thank you thank you! They really were life savers, fetching me pudding and jello, making my comfort foods (cream of wheat, yum), endless wagon rides for Logan, changing his poopy diapers, cleaning, cooking, letting me sleep in. It's hard to let someone serve you when you're normally capable, but it was all so wonderful!

4) Ben bought me roses. Always a plus. Thanks punkin. :-)

Here's a few pics to document the experience.


Day of my surgery, after a nice fat nap. :-)


Marmee and Logan playing Mr. Potato Head (the best toy in the world)


Desi fixing our DVD drive which Logan jammed. :-) Thanks Des!


Wagon rides in the cold


I didn't swell much until day three. Thanks to Jera for creating this beautiful ice pack wrap. I know I look hot in it and all, but it was heavenly to have ice on my jaws and still be able to use my hands.

Of course Logan needed his own jello, pudding and ice cream too.

6 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Alright, I gotta say it. Between the onion goggles and the head ice wrap, your blog is officially my favorite! You crack me up. And man, I miss you. I'm gonna come see you soon, I promise. Whether you want me to or not. :)

Katy said...

I am glad all went well. I didn't think having my wisdom teeth out was too bad either...but it has been almost 6 years, so maybe I just don't remember! ;)

Lee and Sharon said...

Glad you are over that Kris.
I like the one with Logan in the wagon and the one of you with the cool ice pack.

Katie and Jason said...

Poor girl. I'm glad someone was there to help. Too bad you didn't tell me...maybe you would've had even more ice cream and pudding. ;) Is that a new couch I see? We gotta catch up!

Tiffany Johnson said...

that last picture is adorable.. I see Ben is having a blast with his new camera. :-) and the ice pack... awesome!!!!!!

Kaye said...

I like the frozen pea pack the best.