Sunday, April 27, 2008

I love My Boys!

I must admit that after finding out that Logan was going to be a boy (10th grandson on my side...no girls) I was actually only slightly disappointed. I am ashamed to admit that my biggest fear about having a boy was the "automatic sprinkler" that comes with the breed. :-)



Now
though, I am so thankful that I had a boy- I think boys are the best! I wouldn't change Logan for a girl any day of the week (although I do try to shape his mullet into pigtails on occassion...).


Logan will be one whole year old in a month, so I'll talk more about him later. The other boy in my life is the one I want to brag about right now: Benjamin.


I have the best husband in the world...
Yesterday I woke up early to go out running with Logan, then the two of us participated in the MS Walk while Ben went on a 7 mile hike with the Boy Scouts. After Ben got home I ran off to pick up a toaster oven in Springville (another story) and then went to work for a few hours.

On my drive home from work it was 5 pm, I was starving and exhausted, and was trying to come up with something easy for dinner. I have been a little burdened lately with work, my calling (12 of the ~23 callings that make up the primary are either moving, being released or are having babies and therefore need replacing, so needless to say we are very short-handed right now) and just trying to keep up on housekeeping, not to mention trying to spend more interactive time with Logan. With all of this and a headache weighing on my mind, I walked in the door to our house to find the following:

  • dishes done
  • dinner being prepared (this NEVER happens! and he went out of his way to make a salad just for myself since he knows I am trying to eat more healthy)
  • Ben ran some errands with Logan including:
    • bought and replaced new light bulbs
    • stopped at the grocery store
    • filled my car with gas
    • washed my car
  • cleaned the bathroom (and mopped the bathroom where all of my hairspray lands!)
  • Logan was peacefully down for a nap
  • and on top of this all Ben was actually in a very cheerful mood, and the most selfless part of all...he gave up his bike ride (he's training for a 50 mile race in 3 weeks) to do all of this for me!

I just wanted to cry. It was such a relief after a heavy week to come home to such a thoughtful husband. I feel so loved. Thanks for working so hard Ben (and for the great crab salad). You are the best and I love you!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Em and Ms said...

Wow! Very impressive Ben! That's so great that he saw your needs and jumped in to help. Even better that he surprised you with it. You do have a sweet husband, and he has a sweet wife :) I have to admit, when I saw the first picture I thought you were going to say you were pregnant again :)

Ben said...

Thanks so much Kris!!

Katy said...

That is the best! I always feel the most loved when Russ is doing stuff like that for me. It might seem somewhat insignificant, but it means the world. Service is one of the best ways you can show someone you love them. I am glad that Ben could help you when you were stressed. I love you guys!!!

Toby and Tammy said...

What an awesome husband you have! Don't you love moments like that? Cute photos and great post.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Okay, first of all, another friend of mine just posted on her blog that she is 5 months pregnant (just now announcing it) and she had a picture of her that looked just like your first one, so I thought wait a second, is Kristi pregnant again? And then I thought no, I just saw her on Thursday and I'm pretty sure she's not. Then I realized you were just posting a past picture. :) And second, about what Ben did for you, I give that a big W-O-W! What a good guy!!! I'll have to make sure Brandon sees this post... ;)

Tiffany Johnson said...

K, seriously? reading this made me want to cry for you... probably mostly because i'm pregnant :-). But also, because I know what it's like to get that kind of treatment from such a great guy. Ben, you ARE a great guy! And Kris, you deserve it. Not only because of the wife and mother I know you are, but because of the great friend you are.

Andy said...

What a guy, that Ben! (Oh and i see you figured out how to delete spam comments.)

Mike and Lisa said...

Way to go Ben! When I looked at the first picture of you I thought you were pregnant again! Maybe you are??? Just teasing...You are lucky to have such a sweet hubby!!

Katie L said...

I've read this post a few times thinking I had already commented. I love my boys to death and am really affraid of ever having a girl now. My biggest fear with having a boy was that I had no idea how to wipe or clean their little many area.-hahaha!

Boy your husband sounds great!!

Lee and Sharon said...

Got another great guy here.
Sunday morning I was ready to walk out for Church and on the table lay a corsage. Dad said - "well, aren't you going to wear it"?
Well, - of course - but what's this for I said.
He had purchased a little birthday plant to give to one of his home teaching families and thought that he better get something for his wife too.
Course, I wore it and love'd it.
He's a sweetie too.

Leah said...

Awww. Good job, Ben. You're awesome. (ALMOST as cool as my husband:)

And Kristy, I am so impressed! You go running with Logan in the MORNING? I'm still trying to get out of the house before noon!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

oh kris, I understand the busy part and am so glad to hear that Ben helps pull some of your load. We love you, keep up the hard work in your calling and good luck with keeping the balance ball of life balanced!