Friday, April 18, 2008

Mint Anyone?


So...the other night I made a stupid mistake (I do that every now and then...). I was at the store getting ingredients to make pizza, and I thought, "Hey, fresh basil is yummy, I'll get some of that." Sounds like a great idea, right? I thought so too, that is until I got home and actually bothered to smell my basil, only to realize I bought MINT LEAVES. Crimany. What am I supposed to do with MINT LEAVES?

So here's my question to everyone...what on Earth do you make with mint? Any good recipes? Or any recipes at all?


5 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Haha thats too funny!! I have done the same thing before (not with basil though!) I was in a hurry and trying to run through the grocery store getting everything I needed and I grabbed a head of cabbage instead of lettuce!

I don't have any mint recipes for you but if I hear of any I will pass them your way...good luck!

Em and Ms said...

One time Matt and I had a mint basil plant (kinda funny combining the two huh). We really love smoothies and somewhere he got the idea to put a leaf in the smoothie. It was so good! It just kicked up the other flavors. I imagine mint might work the same way--just don't put too much. You could try looking for recipes at foodnetwork.com or recipezaar.com. Mint chocolate chip ice cream would be good! Good luck!

Tiffany Johnson said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! So glad I could be a part of that realization the other night! Thanks again for the pizza, by the way! It was SO YUMMY! As far as mint goes.. I do have a couple recipes actually, but no idea where they are. I'm right in the middle of organizing my recipes and haven't come across them yet! I'll let you know when I do!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I just looked on kraftfoods.com for you (you can search for recipes just by putting in the ingredient you have) and they pretty much only had mint leaves as a garnish. What a funny little mistake. :) Sorry again about ditching you tonight. It wasn't on purpose I promise!

Lee and Sharon said...

All I ever do with mint is scratch and smell and enjoy.