Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just an Update

Well it seems stress and anxiety have set in full force these past 10 days. 
And what a broad spectrum of emotions and experiences we've been through...

-10-year anniversary  & trip to Manti

-Logan starting kindergarten!

-Getting a contract on our house

-Looking at 20 houses for sale

-Putting 3 offers in on different houses and almost 1 more

-Getting extremely attached to one house only having to learn that we're, once again, just a back up offer. 

-Talk about heartbreak. 

-Lots of babysitters.

-Lots of driving around inspecting neighborhoods. 

-Lots of printing, initialing, signing, scanning and faxing paperwork.

-Lots of tears.

-Not much sleep and lots of scouring KSL and real estate websites.

-Accepting that we have one last project on the house to complete... replacing the siding on our garage front (our buyers are going FHA and we didn't think the chipping paint would pass FHA inspection).  
Ben's already torn off the old siding and with the help of his Dad, he's got new plywood, Tyvex and trim up!

-And now tomorrow morning we're backing out on an offer we have on a house in Springville after 3 days of truly not feeling good or settled about it at all. It was the perfect house and neighborhood, but apparently Heavenly Father knows better than we do. 

So pretty much we're back to square one, and I'm now 31 weeks along and Ben has LOTOJA relay race this weekend.  I try hard to fill my blog with uplifting things and avoid grumbling. But amidst all my complaining and whining, there is still a sweet ending:  I've never felt so humbled, blessed, closer to Ben, and grateful for all the help we've received this week.  Faith... I'm still trying to have more of that on hand.  Getting there. 



4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry for all the stress involved in finding a new place! Yikes. I want to tell you, too, that if you need to go run an errand fast, you can leave Linc or both with us. We are usually home. Good luck with it all!

Lee and Sharon said...

prayers are answered and There is a place for you somewhere out there.
Take care of yourself first for foremost.
Wish I could help more but just know we are here to listen and pray for you guys.

Tiffany Johnson said...

Oh man... I feel ya. Moving and buying a house is a very stressful thing. They say the 2 most trying stressful situations on a marriage is buying a house and having a child. Ugh, once you get through this, you'll sail through anything. :-) Let me know how I can help Kris.

Kristy said...

I keep trying to think of something helpful to say, but "That sucks" is all I've got! Not so helpful. :) Hang in there--the right place is out there somewhere..it has to be, right?! If you need help with the boys, feel free to give me a call! We're usually always here and my kids are always up for playing with friends!