Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Deep Thoughts

Anyone else remember Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey from SNL? Those were the good days. 

So maybe my thoughts aren't so deep. They just feel like it since it's so late and that much harder to think at this hour.  Maybe I should rename my post "Hard Thoughts." That might be more accurate.

Whatever the name, here are the hard and deep thoughts running through my brain tonight.

As of today we're under contract to sell our house!  We're ecstatic that we have found a good, young couple to move in.  Yet at the same time we're so paranoid that something is going to go wrong or fall through.  This is going to be a nail-biting, nerve-wracking 30 days.  The couple just had their first baby a week ago and they're anxious to get into a house. As of right now, we're set to close on September 28th and while I would love extra time to find a house first, that closing day can't come soon enough.

Speaking of finding  houses, we found a great home tonight that we felt really good about. But then found out 30 minutes later that it's already under contract. Boo! I don't get how we can feel so solid about knowing that's a home we're supposed to be in, and then not have it go through.  We are putting an offer on it in the morning as a back-up offer, so who knows. Maybe it will all work out in the end. Note to self: must have more faith.



As long as I'm in a house by the end of October I'm good.  Give me a week to move in and settle before baby girl comes and I'll be happy. Let's just hope she doesn't come early!



On another bitter-sweet note, Lincoln had his annual testing with PEIP last week and did great!  After finishing the hour and a half of testing, Shae mentioned that he might actually test out of the program - bummer!  Don't get me wrong... while his improvement is more than wonderful to see, there's still a lot of pronunciation speech work that he needs. Shae comes on Wednesday for a visit and will have test scores then.  There's a chance that he'll still qualify for monthly visits from a SLP (speech and language pathologist) based on his articulation. We'll know more in about a week.


And speaking of Lincoln, he's been saying more and more two-word phrases this past week! That's big for him... "baby shoe," "daddy shoe," "more crackers," "Mama drink," etc is what we've heard lately. Seems like such a simple thing but it's a totally new accomplishment for him!  He's also finally imitating words a TON more,  especially from  the TV (isn't that backwards)?  He's never repeated our words much (unless he's prompted) but I'll hear him talking back to the TV while watching his PBS shows.


Logan starts kinder on Wednesday and I'm so excited for him, yet I feel really guilty because Kindergarten has been one of the last things on my mind these past two weeks. Have I prepared him well enough? We'll see!

 (these are pics from back in July when Logan fell off his bike in the drive way, poor guy)

Pregnancy... I am so grateful for the healthy pregnancy I've had thus far. She is moving like CRAZY lately. My belly twitches constantly sometimes.  Especially right around 11 pm - 1 am.  And I feel hard bumps sliding around now. I love feeling around speculating what might be her bum, elbow, knee, etc.  

Turns out my glucose test came back ok but I have lower iron than before and the nurse reiterated that I need to be taking iron supplements as well as prenatals.  
To-do tomorrow: Go to Walgreens for iron pills.  

This is the latest picture at 30 weeks.  And as more people have asked how much longer I have and when I'm due, I've gotten reactions anywhere from, "Oh.... " to "You're due next month, right?" to "Your belly just can't get any bigger," to "You look so small," to "You only have 10 weeks left?"  
Who do I believe? :)
My belly feels BIG, especially at night. And my belly is bigger than the past two pregnancies. But I'm measuring right on, and my weight gain is right on and my wedding ring still fits. And I'm actually still exercising this time around. Whatever. Que sera sera.

What matters is that I'm getting SO excited to meet this sweet baby and to have another bum to change and baby to snuggle and I'm so excited to see how a girl fits into this family.

Alright, enough thoughts for tonight. It's another boring, wordy post, but oh well.  I'm sure in 5 years I'll appreciate all these details recorded.















3 comments:

Tamara said...

I love your post. So nice just to see what's going on with you guys now that I can't come over and see for myself! Can't wait to see your baby GIRL!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Loved the post. I appreciate reading all the thoughts now, you'll definitely appreciate reading them in the future. You are a very good writer. That house looks awesome! Is it the one you said is over by Tammy on the other side of the Church? I'm so excited that your house is under contract, I hope it all goes through. I stand by my your stomach looks tiny comment.

Emily said...

That was not boring. It's good to hear what's REALLY going on. And you are a good writer. Good luck on everything that's coming!