Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Timeline

We are officially under contract to buy a house in (hopefully) 5 weeks.  I really want to put an exclamation point after that sentence, but I'm a little too frazzled to appreciate where we are in this whole mish-mosh of a house buy & selling process. It feels like there's a little bit too much mountain to climb before the idea of living somewhere totally different is going to sink in. 

Ben and I were going over our timeline for the next 2 months and I think it will be amazing if we survive through the end of the year... with the better half of our brains still in tact.

For the sake of being able to look back at this time in our lives, here is a rough outline (which I'm sure is likely to change at least 10 times):

Tomorrow (Sept 11): 
1.Counter offer our buyer's addendum for repairs (some things here and there that need to be done for their FHA loan to be approved)

2. Meet with loan officer to lock in our rate and get our loan underway

Tuesday (11th) - Thursday (13th) :  Ben is finishing up siding the garage

This week sometime: 
1. The appraiser comes (and will hopefully tell us there's nothing else that needs to be done for the house to qualify for an FHA loan... namely fixing the back garage wall that has been cracked by our neighbor's intrusive tree growth) and hopefully the house ends up being "worth" enough so we have money in the end to pay for these little repairs.

2.  Plumber comes to fix the exhaust venting on our water heater and strap it down (stupid FHA loan...)

3. Electrician comes to adjust the power line between the house and garage that apparently hanging too low and not installed correctly (stupid FHA loan...)

Thursday (13th): Schedule inspections for our new home for next Wednesday (19th)... ensuring that it will happen after the appraisal deadline on our own house. Heaven knows we don't want to pay $500 for inspections if our own house doesn't even come close to valuing where we need it to...

Friday (13th) - Monday (17th):  Sanding down the garage doors and painting garage front. Done with garage front - wohoo!


Wednesday (19th): 
1. Inspect our new house for mold, radon, sewer line, and general inspection (with emphasis on the electrical)... did I mention we're buying a house built in 1959?

2. Ben installs rain gutters on our current house (stupid FHA loan...)


Friday (21st) & Saturday (22nd):  Ben gone all day at parent-teacher conference weekend


Monday (24th) - Friday (28th): 
1. Ben goes to CA for business trip

2. I try to stay sane and pack all week


Friday (28th): Hopefully  NOT closing this day any more being as Ben won't even be here...


Oct 1st - Oct 5th: 

1. Pack house

2. Try to do a few last favorite things around our neighborhood... like bike rides to our "special place" and park playing and walks around the block and fishing. Right. 

3. Close on our current house

4. Move our stuff... somewhere short term

Oct 15th:  Close on our new home and move in some time that week

Oct 22 - Nov 6th:  Try to stay pregnant during blessed 2 weeks to unpack and set up a nursery of some sort

Nov 6th:  Have a baby

Then thanksgiving... then I turn 30... get Lincoln signed up for a new early intervention program... then Christmas... etc. 


If I forget to call you back... or forget your birthday... or lose something of yours... or even forget your name and become a crappy friend over the next two months... then please forgive me and understand. 

This past week has been a whirlwind but we have been SO blessed by SO many people offering to help us and gladly agreeing to watch the boys, feed us dinner, etc.  We're so blessed to be surrounded by so many friends and family who care so much about us. My eyes would be tearing up thinking about it right now, except they're dry because it's so late at night. :)  So many people have done so many favors for me this past week and I usually hate that feeling of "owing" people... but it really has saved my sanity and I'm so thankful.

And our lesson in Relief Society on Sunday was on the topic of faith... exactly what I needed to hear. 

And while a change would have been ok, I'm so glad we found a house in Orem so I can still be close to my friends that I've made over the past 7 years, and still be close to everything in the area that is a part of our lives (doctors, parks, community programs, libraries,  schools, favorite restaurants, etc).

Everything's coming together and I'm sure will all end as it should.











5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I don't envy you--your schedule sounds crazy, especially while pregnant! However, it's also very exciting and it sounds like you are being blessed with lots of help too. Just think of the relief when it's all over! :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

WOWSER!!! That's insane. You'll make it. You're super woman. :-) I'm so excited to see your new house!! I'm a little jealous too. :-) You guys will be in our prayers. I"m sorry I couldn't help last week with your boys.. please don't hesitate to call me again!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finding a home! I hope it makes all your wildest dreams come true! The next month seems pretty crazy, remember last time you had a baby and it was crazy right up until you had him? Maybe that's just how you roll. Either way we'd love to help you move! Let me know when.

April Bird said...

If you need ANY help - I'm always home and available. Please don't hesitate to call for help with packing, moving, babysitting, ect.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh my goodness- can I just have a bunch of playdates with Logan (Lincoln too) so you can get stuff done. We moved when I was pregnant with Syd & Rob and it was SO hard. that is quite a schedule for the next few months!