Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Zoo Time

 Back in August we got to go to the Hogle Zoo.  I thought I took a lot more pictures than I did, but for once I scaled back my picture taking. I'll pat myself on the back, thanks. 

Logan thought the black giraffe tongues were pretty cool


What has two legs, runs fast, eats meat, has snagly teeth and can be ultra scary? Logan! 

Oh wait... I mean a T Rex :)



We went to the zoo during dinosaur days and this made the whole trip complete. Logan loved finding all of them and getting to listen to and examine them.


Logan loved looking at this turtle and pointed out that his shell  looked like it had white spiders on it.

Standing like the little flamingo  bird in the tree behind him

There's just something about the Pakers and a carousel... we see one and we have to ride it. It's practically bad luck to pass one up now.  I guess that this is probably at least the 13th time Lo's ridden on a carousel and loves it every time.

But of course he had to pick the most interesting (and by most interesting I mean "ugliest") creature to ride. A praying mantis? Really? Oh well. Happy is the boy who gets to pick whatever he wants to ride on the carousel.


By this point the heat was amazingly, um... hot.  I suppose a trip to the zoo wouldn't be complete without headaches and buying expensive gift shop medicine. So worth it though.

Here's Lincoln with a stegosaurus


And here's a video of Logan inspecting a spraying dino. 
Every so often he would spray water from him mouth on unsuspecting passers-by.  He went completely out of the way to avoid this creature, and it's not on this video but I eventually convinced him to stand with the other children and get sprayed. Either he was disgusted or disappointed because his reaction was a bit mediocre. :)



Elephants
 


awe... what a sweet little ape... or gorilla?  



I love Linc's skinny long white legs in this pic. Like mentioned previously... it was blasted hot.



After that we headed into Heber for a cousin's birthday party. 
This was Logan finishing up his zoo book that I made him. It was actually quite wonderful at keeping him going, searching, coloring, and on task the whole day. 

one page was zoo bingo

This trip really was all about Logan since Linc was so young, but I'm excited to go again this year because I know Lincoln would love it now. Especially since he knows more animal sounds (even if they do all sound the same ;)

3 comments:

Andy said...

So first of all it is just about killing me to see pictures of shorts, tshirts and sandals. I hate that it is still January. I love the zoo book - so clever!

Lee and Sharon said...

The zoo looks like it is better now than when we went. I love the spitting dinasaur. Would love some of that heat about now too.

Kaye said...

I had to show Riley the praying mantis merry-go-round picture. Now I think we have to go to the zoo.