Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beat the August Heat - Week of the Unmentioned 2011




Well I was in a really happy mood to be posting these fun, warm, summery pics, but then I went ahead and decided to try the new Blogger interface.... 

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

So let's see if I can compose myself again.  And let's see if I can complete this post without it turning out all whacky.  I mean wacky. Two totally different things. :)

There. I just ate a mini Mickey Mouse sugar cookie. All is right in the world again. Moving on...

August was a whirlwind for us and my whole August picture file was left in a cloud of dust, so there are a few different things included in this "Unmentioned in 2011" post.  

Not only was August a whirlwind, but it was HOT.  Somehow that is hard to remember as my fingers are like icicles right now as I type in the middle of January. 

What does HOT feel like again? I can't remember.

But all these sunny pictures do give me a small slice of joy right now.

We made a visit to Bridalveil Falls. Always fun and always bitter cold water too.

funny side note.. turned out I recognized and knew the girl in the purple shirt from Spokane, Amy Larsen I think. Her sister, Artie, was one of my YW leaders.


Logan has a wooden boat that Pa made for him to use in the ditches in Ellensburg, so he tied a string to it to sail it down the stream here. 


Then there's Lincoln and his ball... also tied to a string (the ball... not Lincoln, although sometimes I wish I could tie him up. Kidding. Kind of.  :)


And bless Ben and his bug catching efforts - He finally caught a dragon fly for Lo to see.  Hey that's one more bug than me and my slow feet would have caught.


In  August we also hit up all the Thanksgiving Point venues on $2 Tuesdays - wohoo. One of those Tuesdays we met Megan and her kiddos at the children's garden. Always a fun, hot, tiring adventure!

 Megan and Miss Ruby

Sol and Lo... and Megan in the background trying to drown her child.  Kidding, Don't call DCFS.

This little splash area is a huge Noah's Arc and is so adorable and perfect for little folk.


Then after Megan went running down the huge amphitheater hill to usher one of the children away from the edge of the waterfall lake (it was probably Logan, I just can't remember) and then hiked back up, we were spent. We bought all the kids orange popsicles and called it a day.




   
And last but not least... the slip n' slide!

Andy (after much effort, perspiration and probably a swear word or two) set up their billboard slip n' slide at the park one hot day.

 You can't tell in this pic, but there are sprinklers set up at the top, and the billboards run down a gentle slope which is perfect for the little kids.

Me & Linc sliding down with Logan

Andy and Finn after he hit his head on the cement


Lots of moms came, including Knowltons and Tiffany and Megan also came too


Babies playing in the sprinklers at the top of the slide


 The big kids were so good to play and watch out for the smaller ones


 Tiff and Hailey

I miss those warm days! And days where the boys would totally zonk during nap time out of utter exhaustion from playing so hard.

More 2011 to come tomorrow or the next day!

No comments: