Monday, January 23, 2012

The Best of the Unmentioned - July 4th & 24th

My goal this year? Well one of them at least? To stay current on the blog!

We'll see about this. A girl can keep track of only so many goals, and from my list of goals that will make me a better person, this isn't really high-ranking. BUT, I sure am going to try.

I'm constantly posting things WAY after they happened because I take way too many pictures, then I have to upload all 50 pics into one post, then I get overwhelmed and I get behind, but I can't leave anything behind, so it all backs up. Then I get all anxious and burdened about it, bob lob law... (Arrested Development anyone?).

And I checked the calendar today and it turns out January is almost over. Who knew?

So it's now or never (and now is way better than last week when Ben was gone all week in CA for work. On the scale of sanity I'm sitting at a whole 85% now rather than 40% last week. And just thinking of Maegan - really, how did you stay sane last year?)

Anyway, back on track... my last chance... I'm setting a deadline for myself here... because "current" has to start sometime here...

I'll post a week of the unmentioned, most memorable things from 2012. Scratch that. From 2011. :)

Fun right? It'll be a little walk down memory lane since last summer seems like ages ago.

So first up is July 4th and 24th festivities!!!

We were lucky to see so much family last July. Lo was thoroughly cousin-ated.
Maegs and her kiddos and Jera came into town for the 4th.

The cousins were so happy to run around together again like ol' times. Matching outfits courtesy of Marm.


This was the first night that Maeg & co got into town and Logan was SO EXCITED. They were all hyper running around, oozing with pure joy to see each other again. That, and probably oozing with sugar too.

Wizard of Oz-ing at Grandma Kaye's

Morning of July 4th we did our tradition of seeing the hot air balloons go up in Provo. The balloons didn't end up lifting off that morning due to the wind, but a few of them went through the hot air fill so people could at least see them up.

I don't think Lo even knew who Darth Vader was at this point.




Then we chose family time over our traditional Provo parade. We went up to a little parade in Sugar House that was so cute and fun to be with family for.

The kids we so excited to actually be in the parade, being pulled by this sweet tractor.


The girls. And Parker who decided he wanted to watch instead of ride.


After the parade the local firetruck hooked up to one of the hydrants and sprayed water the length of the block so kids could cool off and splash and play. It was SO FUN.
The kids got right in with the help of Marmie.


Water was flooding the streets and there were puddles everywhere.


After the parade the Stake hosted a little community carnival completely with snow cones and cotton candy.


The girl who showed me all about Bieber-fever... (which I'm actually currently listening to as I type :)


Afterwards we went back to D &T's for lunch and hang out time.

These were the best two pictures I got of my guys together the whole day.


Cousins in matching outfits that Marm made. Darling.


This was the Summer of fishing in Nielsen's Grove Pond. It is perfect for going with little kids. it's catch and release, but that's all Ben does anyway.


Touching fish eyeballs...


Lo's catch... and sporting his fishing vest that matches Ben's. Thanks White Elephant!

Fireworks lasted about 5 minutes due to rain and wind.


And now for July 24th celebrations!
We had a Sam & Janie reunion that my parents came down for and it was so fun to get to see them and some of my cousins.

We had a picnic at Nielsen's Grove one night and Ben was able to help Merc with fishing for Cub Scouts.

Nana and Linc going for a stroll






Cousins!


Swimming at one day of the reunion.

Well that wasn't very painful... now I just have a few more days to catch up and I'll be "current". Yea for July 2011!

5 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Way to not give up on blogging Kristi! Love the posts, even if they're late.

Nick said...

i love your blog! you cover so much fun stuff. and about bieber fever...he'll be coming out with a new album later this year and i'm thinking he'll launch a new tour. keep your fingers crossed that he'll be in salt lake because we will so be there.

Kaye said...

I love that you posted these now! It's fun to see the warm summer fun pictures now while it is cold and snowy outside. Loved the 4th of July and all the days surrounding it that I got to have everyone here. We need to do it again soon! We are lucky to have your family here - thanks for the yummy brownies the other night. The other family in the ward loved them too! Love ya!

Lee and Sharon said...

Glad to see you are keeping up with what's going on. Reunion was fun wasn't it? Keep going with the blog Kris. I enjoy it so much.

Tamara said...

Couple things - first i miss Linc and his fuzzy fuzzy hair! I miss stealing hugs from Logs.
Also - Maegs- very nice butt picture.
And I love the catching up photos, it's very fun!