Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Helmets and Super Heroes

Linc's had his helmet for a few weeks and it has been going really well so far and I am so glad we decided (after MUCH deliberation) to get the helmet.

Here are the most FAQ's/comments:

Q: Why does he have to wear a helmet?
A: Because I neglected him when he was an infant. Ok, so I don't
really say that, but I want to sometimes.

Q: He's so cute!! ( I think I heard that about 50 times during Relief Society last Sunday).

A: I just say thanks, (I mean, he is sinkin' cute afterall) but I think people feel bad for the little guy and aren't quite sure what to say.


Q: "Is that for protection?"
A: Why yes it is. He does have an older brother after all. Plus it offers a little cushion at times like this...

Q: Does he have to wear that all day?
A: Yes. Actually 23 hours a day.

Q: Doesn't it bother him?
No, actually. He doesn't even try to take it off and I think he doesn't even know it's there most of the time.

Q: Does it squeeze his head?
A:You'd think by looking at all that matted, squished hair under there, that it would be squeezy, but it's not. It's actually formed just right to his head, with exception of a little space over the flat spot. As his head grows and expands, it will form into that empty space, rounding it out a bit.


Q: What are those holes for?
A: Ventilation.

Q: "I always feel so bad for kids who have to wear those. They always look so hot in them." (actual quote from our Golden Corral waitress).
A: um... thank you? How do you respond to that one? ha ha

But really, she's right. Bath time comes every morning now... when one's head sweats in a helmet all night, a bad case of stinky-head tends to develop.

Q:"Look at that baby with a helmet on!" (usually coming from an elementary-aged child :-) A: I smile at the embarrassed Mom, who just tries to avoid eye-contact and hush their child up. then I try to explain to the child (who's still staring at Lincoln) what it is.
(That's the velcro strap that we use to take it on and off.) While I was taking pictures of Linc and his helmet, Logan informed me that they both had helmets on. Logie's helmet...(Is it just us, or is anyone else collecting all the super heroes they have in Happy Meals right now? Logan has become obsessed with super heroes lately, so McDonald's is offering these action figures at just the right time.)

Then later Ben showed him how the handles could transform into a super hero mask.


Logan likes to make sure brother is outfitted with a cape as well. I made the one on the right and Katy (Ben's cousin) made the one on the left for Super Logan.

Super Lo and Helmet Boy

And of course Monk needed a turn with the super hero mask too.

4 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh I love all the cute pictures. The comments you get on Linc's helmet are hilarious. :) Man, usually I feel bad for any subsequent children I might have because I know I won't be able to give them the attention I give to Mckinley, but after seeing your cute pictures I feel bad for Mckinley that she doesn't have an older sibling to put capes on her and other such stuff. Your boys are adorable.

Katy said...

Linc is so cute helmet and all. Good job on the batman cape. Its awesome! I love the happy meal superhero mask. I laughed out loud! Oh the things I am missing by not having a boy.

Tamara said...

If I were a super hero I would for sure have a helmet too. What cute super heroes!

Lee and Sharon said...

Looks like Halloween at your house. Thanks for the pictures of my cute grandchildren. We love you