Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Get One Last Look

Here's your chance to get one last look ...


... at these adorable, fluffy, soft, whispy, light-as-a-feather, blond ( or "golden" as Logan calls it) locks of hair.

Tomorrow it will all be capped off with a helmet.


After our consult with the orthotist, we decided to get the helmet after all so we can say, when this is all said and done, that we did everything we could to give Lincoln a good head shape.

The bad news? It may or may not be very effective due to his slowed head growth...remember this recommendation is coming 3 months late.

The good news? Insurance approved it and therefore paying for this will cover a large portion of our annual deductible.

The bad news? My kid is going to get funny looks everywhere we go.

The good news? He won't know. :-)

The bad news? I won't be able to constantly kiss his fuzzy little head like I do at least 100 times a day.

The good news? He could be wearing this helmet anywhere from 3 months to 6 months.

The bad news? He could be wearing this helmet anywhere from 3 months to 6 months... :-)

The good news? My friend suggested we get some sweet vinyl decal for the helmet. I actually think we will.

And more good news? This just means extra protection from his older brother.


But in all seriousness, I am going to miss that fluffly little hair of his. He turned 10 months yesterday, so I thought it was a good last chance to snap a few shots of him (and by few, I mean 150 :-)




Unfortunately the ISO on the camera was set way high (1600) and I didn't realize it, so all the pics came out really grainy. Oh well.


Love the tippy-toes reaching for the aprons hanging from our door.
He pulls them down at least once a day.


Lincoln ADORES Hoodoo, and Hoodoo at least puts up with Lincoln. Best buddies.


PS) Lincoln got weighed again today and we found he gained 10 oz in the last month, which keeps him in the 8th percentile. I was hoping for at least a pound increase, but the Dr. was happy that he gained weight this month. This puts him back up to his weight at the end of last year.

12 comments:

jera parker said...

My Linc is beautiful. Desi loves your music on the blog. Linc is built exactly like his daddy but has more rolls on his legs than Ben ever had. Ben grew up nice and tall.

Kristy said...

Yay for some weight gain! The good news? He's heavier than 8% of kids his age? Maybe that's good news? Those pictures of him are stunning--and I'm super impressed that you can throw around things like ISO and know what you're talking about! :)
Good luck with the helmet. I think your reasoning is good--doing everything you can to give him a good head shape--and I'm glad that your insurance is footing the bill for it!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I forgot about the helmet issue and at first I thought you were going to give him a haircut. Oh, good luck with the helmet. You still up for going to the library Friday? Because I still want to go!My week filled up and I won't be able to come to your house before then, but I hope to see you Friday!

Lee and Sharon said...

Love the little blondies you have.
Kiss them for me too. Heard you returned my call. Was at Temple.

Thanks for the sweet pictures.

Maegan said...

oh sweet linc. he is kissable! i will pray for you that it will only be three months and you'll get those soft, kissable, golden locks back so soon!

Kalli said...

Dear Photographer,

You've got it goin' on.

Love,

Um...another photographer.

Janie Mann said...

Kris, Wow, that IS beautiful hair! My sis is going through the same thing as you right now. She is going to have to helmet her little Owen. Hope everything goes as well as possible. You gut some great shots though, I love them!

Erin McSpadden said...

He is SOOOOOOOOO cute!

Katy said...

He is so cute, and he's getting so big. I can't believe how "grown up" he is looking. Cute pictures too Kris!

Tamara said...

Cutest Pics!! I will miss kissing that soft little head too. So many kids have helmets now, I think people are getting used to it - so don't worry about getting too many weird looks.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

hey your photos of Linc are awesome, good job capturing him and I love the cat too. Didn't know you still had a cat.

You guys are great parents, what lucky kids :-)

Nathan said...

If Logan looks like Ben, Lincoln definitely looks like you. Good lookin kid.