Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stop Growing Lincoln!

Actually I should say, "Stop developing Lincoln!" but who says that? That's a bit nerdy. Lincoln has actually slowed in growth... I don't think he's gained weight for two months now.

Over Christmas break Lincoln pulled himself to standing position on the bottom step of a stair case and I about had a heart attack. I thought it was something fluky and that it wouldn't happen again for a while.

Then on Wednesday while playing in the living room Logan shouted, "Mom! Look at Linky!" And this is what I saw...
...Linc just standing there like it's no big deal, digging pretty seriously for a good piece of wood to suck on.
I have forgotten how many "firsts" there are for little guys and how excited I get every time I see him do something new.
He has his 9 mo check up in a few weeks, but here are some new things about him so far:
  • He started army crawling back in November and a couple weeks ago he started crawling on all fours. He's still slow at it, but makes his way around the house. He usually will make his way to the bathroom, even if we're not there.
  • Mid December he started sitting himself up from a laying position.
  • He has started reaching his arms out for us a little bit if he wants to be picked up.
  • If you say, "Kissies" he'll open his mouth and lean in for kisses on the lips.
  • And this isn't anything new, but he absolutely adores his brother and loves playing with him, especially now that he can tag along a little better.
  • He loves anything stick-ish. Especially Logan's tools, hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches and his little rattle. He also loves balls.
  • He's a smiley guy, and you can usually see his little incisor teeth hanging down on top, but not his front teeth, so he looks like a vampire, but I don't have any pics of that.
Here are some pics and videos just for fun.

Loves bath time

Thanks to Logan, he became Super Linc for a night




4 comments:

Nycole said...

He is such a little cutie!!! Can I set up a little date for our two in about 16 years?

Tiffany Johnson said...

He is so dang cute. I have some cute pictures of him I need to send you. I can't believe he's already 9 months old. And STANDING!! So cute.

Kristy said...

So cute! Crazy how fast the time has gone. I can't believe he's already standing--what the?!

Melanie said...

he's so cute! i want to just eat that little squish.


i'm still waiting for New York...