Friday, January 7, 2011

My Little Sunbeamer!

Logan is officially out of nursery!

Last Sunday was his first Sunday as a Sunbeam and he was SO EXCITED. I was a little emotional as I dropped him off to sit with his class and realized he was going to be just fine and I had to leave. That was one of the hardest parts for me when I was released from Primary a couple months ago... knowing that I wasn't going to get to experience Primary with Logan. But I was so proud of him and how big he is and how much he has grown in the past year. I'm sure the Sunbeam teachers have their work cut out for them.

Before church
You can't tell me he's not handsome. :-)

A couple months ago he kept begging me for his own scriptures. I was going to wait for Christmas but I caved in a bought just an inexpensive Book Of Mormon and I found that red scripture case at DI for about $1. Not too shabby.

After church
I've never been so proud of a piece of scribbled-on computer paper held together by staples. :-) I stashed it away for safe keeping in his little memory box.

5 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

Our future missionary. Just wait until he goes to kindergarten, then you can shed a few tears. That's the hard one for me. I always think to myself, Have I done all I can do to prepared this child to be out in the world. Scary.

Em and Ms said...

Where did you get that suit? So cute! It's crazy to think how much time has passed since we were both complaining about our pregnancies to each other :) I know what you mean--I've been so afraid I'll be released from Primary and not get to see Madelyn in Sunbeams. I've been so excited for that! So far, so good, but the bishop was hinting at things a couple weeks ago. Madelyn's first day of Sunbeams will be this week (we were out of town, so I just had her stay in nursery at that ward).

Andy said...

So handsome! Mercer's first scriptures were the same thing - the little BOM and an el cheapo bag. :-)

Kristy said...

That little suit is so stinking cute! I'm glad that the transition has been a pleasant one! There were a lot of tears in our primary last week as the new sunbeams came in--one little darling screamed pretty much the entire time. Lovely. I'm torn about whether or not I still want to be in primary next year when OP moves up--on one hand it would be fun to see him all the time, on the other I worry that he wouldn't really sit with his class and would just insist on being near me, driving me crazy for the entire 2 hours!

Emily said...

I'm catching up on you guys and this post is so cute. I didn't even know you got released from Primary. That was bitter-sweet, I'm sure. Logan looks so grown up in his suit and scriptures! What a cutie. It was WAY weird taking Livvy to Sunbeams too. I can't believe they're old enough!