Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow!

It snowed (and snowed, and snowed and snowed) the day before we left for Denver for Christmas. So amidst all our packing, Logan and I took a break to go play outside.


Meet Frosty. My child thinks of really original names, I know.

Lo's outfit makes me smile. I didn't do the whole matching-snow-outfit thing this year and if he doesn't care, I don't care. :-) In fact, I think we're going for the most-colors-worn award... I count 9. The pants, mittens and hat are from last year. The coat is from Costco. And the awesome Smurf-blue Thomas Train boots are a great goodwill find from Marmie.


I don't think he ever stopped singing Christmas songs the whole month of December...




It snowed 8-ish inches. 9 1/2 in the backyard. Does anyone else measure the snow like this? We would always do this growing up, checking again and again as we watched the snow pile up.




Lo's best attempt at a snow angel



Then Lincoln woke up from nap time and Logan wasn't close to being done playing. So I bundled Linc up and brought him out too.

First time in the snow. Not much reaction. But he is stinkin' cute, isn't he?



Then I laid him down in the snow...

... and this is what he thought about that.



Logan showing off the cool boots.

Right after this shot, Logan put a bunch of snow in Linc's face...

I think he loved it.



Me and the boys.


What a hunk.


As much as I don't really love the snow, I love that it makes me want to stay home, consume lots of hot-cocoa, feel all cozy inside, and so I can play with my boys more like this.

5 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

SO so so cute! I love it! you have such adorable boys, both so handsome. glad you enjoyed the snow. it can be lots of fun to be a stay at home mom, can't it?

Lee and Sharon said...

I think you have summed up a perfect winter holiday.
We got about the same amount of snow and , yes, I went out in the back yard and measured it too. Glad to see that tradition has made it to your house too Kris.
Rulers stuck in the snow!!
Cute, cute pictures again. Love it

Lee and Sharon said...

Woops, forgot to tell you I love that song on your blog. Fits perfectly.

Tamara said...

I want to kiss that Linc N Beans face!

jera parker said...

"and two eyes made out of corn!" I loved it! Linc and logan are so adorable and I think it is marvolous that you took time out to go and play with the boys. You captured some adorable photos and again I want to do what Tamara says and kiss that Lincs face right off!