Saturday, August 7, 2010

Up to my elbows...

...in poop. Okay, so I'm just up to my wrists in poop.

You see, today is day #2 of potty training.

Tally: pee accidents - none. poop accidents - 3.

I just don't have the heart to throw Logan's awesome super-hero undies away, or the wallet to keep buying more. So on go the laytex gloves and into the toilet goes my hand, attempting to remove runny poo with a one-handed swishing motion. This takes talent, and stomach.

But in all reality, day 1 and 2 haven't been as bad as I expected. Granted I have a journey ahead, I'm sure. Luckily for me, for the past year, Lo has been peeing on-command in a potty at night before bath time. So that should make this all a little easier. He even told me today that he had to pee and went without the "reminder timer" going off. Yay for progress!

PS) How do you make a child's poo not so runny? :-)

8 comments:

Samye said...

Good luck, potty training is always challenging! Just push through it- and before you know it Logan will be a champ!!

As far as the runny poop= I say no more juice. (If you are giving him that?)

J and J said...

If you want to quickly fix the poop problem in the pants, have him clean it out. Let him know that it was 'his' accident and that he is a big boy now and needs to clean it out. It will make him think twice about pooping in his pants when he has to be the one to put his hand in the toilet, and put them in the laundry (plus it won't wear you down doing it all the time).

Kalli said...

Foods that are constipating: bananas, peas, potatoes, apples or applesauce (not apple juice), rice, anything dairy... I have constipated kids and must avoid all of these things at all costs.

Stephanie Salmon said...

I was gonna suggest bananas but it looks like someone beat me to it. Good luck Kristi!!

Melanie said...

BRAT-Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast

Good luck. I hate potty training.

Lee and Sharon said...

Enjoy these memories Kris. They don't last forever. Cheese is a good one, although i know you already do that. Hey, I did cloth diapers for a many a year.

jera parker said...

I'm so proud of you darlin'! He is doing well. I told you the poo would be the last and and the worst! When the poo is runny you really need to clean it up yourself for health reasons, but I agree with your friend Jenni that he needs to clean up after himself as much as possible. So when you harden up the poo with your friends suggestions which are right on then he can clean it up himself. You are doing great! Keep it up!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Potty training sounds yucky. I will try to stop by sometime. :)