Thursday, July 8, 2010

Really?

We've been going to 7 peaks about once a week (two thumbs-up for season passes! Or would it be 8 thumbs up? Or maybe only 6 thumbs considering Lincoln doesn't even know he has thumbs.... anyway, moving on).

So I thought I'd take our camera today to document our fun times. Sounds like a good idea, right? Wrong. Sure I got some great pictures, it didn't take long to discover that water + slippery fingers + camera = bad. Very bad.

That's right, you guessed it. In a camera hand-off between Ben and I, we dropped it into the pool. Lovely. We fished it out at lightning speed, but not before the water could wreak havoc on our little point-and-shoot.

It is currently sitting in a bowl of rice, as we hope and pray for a water-absorbing-miracle. But at this point I'm just adding another $150 to the grand total of bills and other expenses that have piled up recently that will be paid off someday. When it rains, it pours, right? Bah.

Here's hoping for a miracle.

7 comments:

Katy said...

Oh no Kris! That really stinks. I hope the rice works!!!

MEG said...

Oh Kristy I totally hear you! Gabe has to be on special formula for a protein allergy that costs $30 for a small can. He goes through about 2-3 of those a week and that's added to the $40 in prescriptions that we need to purchase for him monthly. THINGS. ARE. TIGHT.

I experienced a small miracle though yesterday that I had to tell you about - I went on KSL thinking there might be a mother selling her unused, unopened cans of this special formula for cheaper then I could get it in a store. To my delight (I actually cried), there was a mother GIVING SOME CANS OF IT AWAY FOR FREE.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the Lord finds a way to cut me some slack.

I hope things start looking up for you...and if not, I hope you get cut some slack every once in awhile to keep you motivated. ;)

MUCH LOVE,
MEG

Lee and Sharon said...

How many pictures did you loose this time. So sorry.

Nick said...

you guys need one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039237H4/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3G19UOFL4CE7M

;)

jera parker said...

Kris-your blog is so precious. Those boys of yours are the best. Your photography is so delicious. I love the photos of the boys together. I loved having two boys first. They were always such good friends. Yours will be the same they already are buddies.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Holy cow, talk about bad luck with you and pictures. On the bright side though, did you know you are an EXCELLENT writer? Your posts always make me laugh. I wish I could be funny too. I'll have to deal with it though. And cute pictures of Lincoln! It's been too long since I've seen you guys....and we probably live the closest to each other out of anyone we're friends with. Besides people in our wards. Am I still talking? I'm done now. It's late.

Kaye said...

We had water pour into our TV one time (long story) and we took it to Alpine Electronics on Canyon Road. For about $60 they took it apart, dried it out and it worked great. Maybe they will do your camera. Just a thought.