Friday, May 22, 2009

Two Years Already

Well it's official, Logan has now survived TWO YEARS of life! Happy Birthday Mr. Mack!



I started a tradition last year of writing Logan a letter every year on his birthday that I can give to him when he's 18. While trying to think of what to write, I have come up with some of my favorite parts about this past year:


You've learned to walk, run, jump, climb, kick, throw and catch (thanks Katie!)

Your vocabulary has exploded! We can actually have a small conversation now at the end of each day, even if it's really short and is all about balls and choo-choos. I love knowing what your curious little mind is thinking about!


You started in Nursery (and thankfully you love to go!)

You're now a pro at flying (while you were free to fly :-) You took 6 trips with mom last year, 13 flights and she never wanted to strangle you! Well, okay, maybe once or twice...but she didn't.


You only threw toys in the toilet 3 times (sorry Maegan!) :-)

You've started saying your own prayers


You learned to use utensils and no longer throw your plate full of food on the floor (hallelujah).


I'm so proud of you baby guy. Here's hoping this year is not as terrible as everyone says it is!








7 comments:

Kalli said...

I absolutely LOVE that last picture! We are two months into the "terrible twos" and I love it so much! We have our moments, but most of the time it is great. How much you can communicate with your child is priceless--and it increases every day. I keep thinking to myself, "What am I doing ruining this perfect picture with another baby?" It feels like we just got out of the chaos. Enjoy this time!

Em and Ms said...

Happy Birthday Logan! I can't believe he's two...we're dreading that one when we have to start paying for flights. Oh well. Those pictures are so cute!

Lee and Sharon said...

Your birthday letters are precious and when Logan is 18 and ready to head out to his Mission, he will absolutely love you for taking the time to write them. The pictures are very cute, too. Logan is very lucky to have such a devoted Mom and Dad. Keep up the good work you two.
Happy Birthday Logi. We love you tons.

Tiffany Johnson said...

Happy Birthday little man!!! I can't believe how fast they grow up. It's so sad, but so exciting at the same time. I have loved watching you grow up Logan!!!

Tamara said...

I love the pumpkin picture, it's typical quizical Logan face. Make me want to smooch it - but I know he doesn't like that!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Loggie Man!! You're such a funny little guy and so much fun. Sauce loves you very much!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

happy birthday Logan, we love you little guy. Don't worry about the terrible twos kris, Davis' started around three so you could have another year. Actually it hasn't been that terrible, he just likes to show his independence and challenge rules and ask why and what. You guys are great parents, good job so far!