Friday, January 2, 2009

true love

The only thing that describes motherly love more than cleaning baby barf off of crib bedding, clothing, the floor, and every body part on the child (including his hair)...
is letting your child sit in your lap, while they throw up into their blanket (which you are holding, by the way), trying to catch it all and contain it, because toddlers don't know how to aim yet, let alone give any warning.

This was my afternoon, but somehow I really didn't mind it at all. Amazing how that works.

He's actually saying cheese (sounds more like "chee") and smiling here. Hopefully this is the end of blurred pictures on the go.

10 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

That is such a cute picture. I'm sorry he was so sick. I know the feeling of loving the fact of them just sitting in your lap needing mommy hugs. But at the same time, it's so sad to see them that way. You're such a great mom, Kris.

Lee and Sharon said...

It seems when a little one is sick all he wants is his Momma and no one else. Aren't we blessed????

Andy said...

Poor Logie. I hope he feels better soon. I love his cheesy smile, and the fact that both of his feet are in the very small box but yet he can still keep his balance.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my goodness, Logan looks so grown up!! Can't wait to see Christmas posts. Are you back in town? We need to get together.

Katy said...

Logan looks so much bigger since the reunion...I can't believe it! Oh the joys of a barfing kid. It just breaks your heart.

Katie and Jason said...

wow, where'd all the teeth come from? It seemed like they all came at once. Hope Logan is feeling well.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

it's a lot easier when it is your child throwing up. I was on the stand during our ward primary program when a little sunbeam next to me started throwing up, I just turned her into the seat so no one would see it. I rubbed her back and tried to breathe through my nose. No wonder she was so quiet the whole time.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

by the way, logan is still very cute and i like his hair and smile especially.

Tamara said...

Poor little Logan Man, sorry he was so sick! I don't think he's slowing down anytime soon - good luck getting non-blurred pictures!

Erin McSpadden said...

what a big boy kris -
hope he is feeling better!