Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Over the river and through the woods to Grammy's house we go...

We just returned last weekend from spending a week and a half in Washington. Our first stop was Ben's family reunion in Ellensburg, where his Grandparents live.
Grammy and Pa's house is one of Ben's most favorite places on this planet and when I visit I can see why. Their property is absolutely beautiful. He's been going there since he was born, so of course whenever we visit, much of what we do is determined by past traditions, which is great!


We ate pizza in Roslyn


We danced


We crafted and created scrapbook calendars...nonstop



We showed off our talents (don't try to find me in this picture...these are my in-laws...oh I mean this is ABBA making an appearance at our talent show.


We laughed, cried and stayed up way too late



We picked flowers


We took rides in Pa's Model A


Babies played in the water


One day we even took a day trip over to Seattle. It rained all day and it was lovely! We went to Pike's Market, ate lunch on the wharf (delicious fresh seafood!) and went to the Seattle Aquarium. It was so nice to be somewhere a little more diverse than Provo, Utah for a day. :-)

Who can resist taking a picture with this guy? This was down on the wharf where we ate lunch.



The family crowd eating lunch.


Family picture by the Aquarium


My two deep-sea divers inside the aquarium. I love that Logan is actually smiling in this picture, a rare occurrence these days. :-)



Shopping at a jam and pickle stand inside Pikes Market.

6 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I must say Kristi, you look so great in all these pictures! Seriously, I wish I looked that good. Whatever you're doing keep it up!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Ha ha, that's funny. I was going to say the same thing that em and ms said, whoever that is. Kristi, you seriously look so amazing in all of your pictures! You are so darn cute. I loved your post. Looks like you guys had an amazing time. And I am loving your background too.

Megan Erickson said...

looks like you had fun!!! sad to say we live like 1 1/2 hours from pikes market and we have never been! someday! your little guy is so dang cute!

Katy said...

We had so much fun!!! Russ, Kylie and I never got to ride in the Model A though. Sad!!! It was great seeing you guys. It was fun for me to get to know Logan better. He is adorable.

Janae said...

I just showed Doug these--he thinks the Model A is awesome!! He keeps telling me how much he misses you guys and wishes he could've seen you this summer too. We just feel like part of your family looking at those pictures!

Nycole said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I love the pictures of Konnie and Kimbo all dressed up, reminds me of camp! haha! You look so cute in all of your pictures!