Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Caution...lots of pictures

While we were in Washington for Ben's family reunion, we also got to be in Spokane for about 4 days and it was so great! I still consider Spokane home and it feels so wonderful to walk into the front door of the house that I lived in from birth to 18 years old.


My beautiful Mom with her flowers from their amazing garden.


I decided to break out my tap shoes and tap a little on my parent's wood floor (sorry Dad!) and my mom joined me in her shoes...I had no idea my mom could tap dance until that day! I think she'll kill me when she sees that I have posted this...





My nephew wanting to join in the fun. He's wearing my mom's tutu and taps.


One day we went to a children's museum downtown with my sisters and their kids and while we were there Logan and I rode the Carousel. I have so many memories of doing this as a child so it was fun to take Logan for a ride.

This is us getting on the horse.


While we were in Spokane Ben and I were able to escape for a day to venture to Sandpoint, ID for our 6th anniversary. It's a cute little town on a lake that has great little shops and restaurants.
While shopping, we saw a store called Eve's Leaves... it was a women's clothing store. I thought it was a great name for a shop. This was the great mural on the side of the store.



A HUGE thank you to my mom and dad who watched Logan while we were gone, and Mindy and Davis for helping too!

Isn't he handsome?


Scone Night...
We have a great tradition in my family of eating scones. My dad makes the best scones ever, so if we drop a few, not-so-subtle hints, we can usually get my dad to makes these scones when we come to visit.

Here are a few pics from scone night:

Manna from Heaven


Mindy and Davis


Part of the crowd that night


The master of scones


Erin, Cory and Mindy (sis, bro, sis)


We also got to go to the North Idaho Fair and that was incredibly fun. There's nothing like rodeos, greasy food, 4-H stables, people watching and live bands to end your vacation.

While there we saw a small Mutton Bustin' contest, where you pay to have your child (under age 6) to ride a sheep to see how long they can hold on. It was hilarious to watch. We got video of the child who held on for the second longest amount of time (don't blink or you'll miss it)




Who knew sheep could be so captivating?

My mom and I looked at the quilt contest and cast our votes for People's Choice award. Naturally I voted for the flip flop quilt. I thought it was very creative! Please ignore my stupid pose...

7 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about Washington being home. Look at your mom go! She's so cute, and good! Looks like a lot of fun.

Stephanie Salmon said...

I didn't know you guys celebrated your 6th anniversary! Congratulations. And I'm sad I can't see your mom dancing...the videos aren't working.

Janae said...

So, the video isn't working anymore...is that on purpose? Looks like such a wonderful trip!

Andy said...

fix the video! I wanna see mom dance!

Lee and Sharon said...

Hey Kris. Love the pictures - come up and we'll dance again.

Lee and Sharon said...

Hey Kris, would you send me a picture of the quilt I picked????

Katie and Jason said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea your mom tapped! I guess you didn't eiather. ;) That is so fun! Man I miss home...