Thursday, January 17, 2008

this little pig went to market...

Anyone who knows my mother-in-law can testify of her out-of-this-world-ability to find great deals at thrift stores. A couple of months ago I was with her at a DI up in Salt Lake and Logan needed jammies, so I thought I would browse to see their "selection" and low and behold I found these adorable green striped jammers. I was very proud of my find to say the least. Cute, right?....


I thought so too, until I got them home to find a HOLE in the left toe! Lame! I thought to look for food stains, poo stains, broken snaps, and every other believable damage an infant is capable of rendering to his pj's... who knew an infant could even develop a hole in the left toe of his pajamas? That poor kid must have had one fat toe to do that kind of damage. My heart goes out to him. Looks like I haven't inherited my mother-in-law's luck quite yet. I give that thrift store experience two toes down for sure.

8 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Can't you use your crafty skills and turn them inside out and just sew it up? It's kind of cute actually, but if it bugs Logan, or is going to give him one cold toe, maybe you should sew it up for him. By the way, my sister-in-law had a baby yesterday and she was in the same room in the mother/baby unit that you were in! They just went home today.

Em and Ms said...

Good luck for your future finds. I've always been unlucky with thrift stores too.

Lee and Sharon said...

Love the picture and love that little boy.

Marce said...

cute little toe! i think it's such a nice touch :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

What a cute addition??!! More clothing companies should start doing that. You should have Logan model for them. He has such cute toes!!! I love it!

rachel said...

thats so funny. Logan is so cute. he looks like a happy little boy!

Katie L said...

Hi this is Katie, Nycole's friend. I was blog hopping to see if I knew anyone out there. Did you go to CV? I swear I know you, but remember you with lighter hair....or I'm just a crazy person. If this is you, I'm Katie Andersen from Spokane. You look so beautiful and have such a cute(handsome) family!!!!

Katie L said...

Hey! Thanks for writing back...I never know if people remember me as well as I remember them, ya know? I actually think you look great with it dark! My last name is Lemire, it just never comes up in stories on my blog-hahaha!