Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tagging

So, I have been tagged by Emily. I wasn't going to respond because I don't like writing about myself all the time on here, but I have found it pretty entertaining to read my friend's random details that I never knew about them, plus I need to make another post since it is no longer Thanksgiving. :-) So, here you go, 6 random details some of you may or may not know:

  1. I have troubles getting to bed at a descent hour...right now it is 1:00 am. I don't know why this is. Every morning I regret this choice that I have made the night before, but come every evening, I find myself doing it all over again. I think I find that I can get a lot done at the last minute before hitting the sack, but a few last minute things turns into checking my e-mail, which turns into checking my facebook account and blog and then 50 other blogs and then looking at new recipes, or catching up on a book now that I actually read sometimes. I have always wanted to be a morning person, but somehow (even though I am now a mom) that has still not come to pass...
  2. I can actually say the alphabet backwards, thanks to a long time spent in the bathroom, one evening way back in junior high.
  3. I am a band nerd...many of you already know this. Marching band runs in my family and I still love to see competitions, and I still get excited listening to drumlines warming up. But what some may not know is that out of all of the girls in my family that were in marching band I was the only one in my family that was never a drum major.
  4. I love hospital food, don't know why. I lived across a field from a hospital growing up, so when I had a paper route in the 6th grade and had a little bit of cizash in my pocket I would go dine at the hospital and sometimes even treat my friends too (so generous, I know). The salad bar was my favorite, and buying ice cream bars from the vending machine, and even pink "It's a Girl" bubble gum cigars from the gift shop. Occassionally, we would go into the handicap bathroom and pull the "help" cord and then run ( I have repented of that, don't worry). Then we would go look at the newborn babies (the only normal part about my frequent visits to the hospital).
  5. Something I am working on being better at: finishing projects I start. This is something I have just recently realized I am bad at This summer we had a garage sale, and while going through my sewing and craft bins, I found at least 20 projects that I had good intentions for, but never followed through with. Thank you to the women who actually purchased my unfinished projects at our garage sale.
  6. I love my corn bag. I have a handy-dandy little bag filled with dried corn that I microwave almost every night (now that it is finally feeling like Winter around here) and I put it at the foot of my bed to heat my feet. On the nights that I don't do this, I put my feet as close to Ben's as I possibly can without actually touching him, hoping that the heat radiating from him will work some magic on my frigid toes. The reason I don't actually touch his feet is not because they are nasty, but because he refuses to let my cold toes touch him.

10 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Okay Kristi, I LOVED this post!!! I'm so happy you finally finished it. Number 4 is of course my favorite but number 6 is a close second! I love you!

Janae said...

Cold toes happens to me too! I never thought of putting a corn sack there. Good idea. And I'm a late owl too. I try to get to bed but that's the only time I can get anything done--so then the next morning I'm trying not to be grumpy cuz I'm up so late.

I love learning more about you.

Nycole said...

Hey Kristi! I didn't know you were a blogger. Its fun to see what your cute family has been up to.

Andy said...

Ok - being your actual sister I knew pretty much all of that except for #4. Who is this person? Pink bubblegum cigars? You are too funny. oh, and Mercer says your weird for just going to the hospital to eat.

Em and Ms said...

It was so fun to read your random facts! Thanks for following through :) I use a wheat bag instead of corn, but same idea. Of course I don't need it too much here, but they also work great on sore muscles or aching backs. I didn't know you were a band nerd! I was in marching band for 2 years in high school. Fun times.

Unknown said...

Kris I loved this post! Very interesting, # 4 was probably my favorite. What a random thing to do! You're so funny. My feet would fry if I put a rice bag in my bed. I hange my feet out the side most nights because I HATE hot feet at night.

Lee and Sharon said...

I already knew all of these things and I am wondering if it's hereditary or just mother/daughter stuff hand-me-downs. Love you Kris = and she has always been a "night person".
You are just wonderful anyways.
PS; I have a corn bag and use it every night too plus my electric blanket. The marching band stuff actually originated with the oldest sister. I would take all of the girls with me to all of the practices and competitions and they just grew up loving band.
Kris was an awesome drummer with a definite sense of determination and concentration. I love drumlines too.

Tiffany Johnson said...

So, this has nothing to do with "Tagging" but I just wanted you to know that I finally did it! I've joined the bandwagon! :-) johnsonexcitement.blogspot.com

Tiffany Johnson said...

K, this was so fun to read.. some fun facts I didn't know about you! I feel like I haven't seen you forever, even though it hasn't even been a full week yet! How is everything? Are you having a great week away? Where are you again? I couldn't remember if you were in Idaho or Washington? Anyways, we miss you. Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Samye said...

Kristi- so don't ask me how I found your blog but I am so excited that I did!! You guys look like you are doing great, and your boy is so precious!!