Saturday, October 15, 2011

October Thus Far

Here's our October! My goal? To be done with this post in 10 minutes. Here we go (and in no particular order - because putting pictures in order takes way too long on blogger :)

Last Sunday Lincoln fell asleep while we were walking home from church. That says just how wiped out he must have been because it takes all of 3 minutes to walk to church from our house.

We tried waking him up (he still had to eat lunch), but to no avail. So we just plopped him down on the living room floor assuming the noise, etc. would naturally wake him up. Wrong.

So Logan, being a good brother he is, got a pillow for his head and a blanket to cover him with - and Lincoln was still out cold.


Heritage holds a gala every year as a fundraiser for scholarships for Heritage alumni. Anyway, this year the centerpiece on every table was a character from the Wizard of Oz... made out of balloons. Amazing huh? I would call that art.

Anyway, they were selling them as part of the fundraiser, and since our silent auction got out-bid, we brought home the tin man for Logan. We got him out of bed to show him because we knew he'd love it so much.


He was almost as tall as Logan. He even came with a small oil can... so clever!

I love play time with Logan while Lincoln takes his morning nap. My goal is to have as much fun in one year as we can before Logan is gone to kindergarten every day next year.

Anyway, we made a fort one day and read our Halloween books in it.

Linc cracks himself up any time something sticks to his finger (usually pieces of his food that he smashes). This was a lego piece.
Logan got two sticky eyeballs from preschool last week ("S" is for sticky...) and taught me how to throw them on the ceiling and count how many second before they fell down. I didn't realize this was an actual game they played in preschool until later. ha ha. Miss Morgan said they all had a bad case of the giggles trying to play the game.
We've all been sick around here and Lincoln was the first to get it. The morning after he had been throwing up all night, Logan didn't want to get sick and so he made a mask for himself and taped it to his face. haha.
And last but not least, we kicked off October with General Conference weekend.
I woke up to Ben making ebelskivers or "clams n' jam" as Logan has termed them. Yum!


Then a quick job of mowing the lawn with copy cat boy.

Then Logan started working on his conference packet that I made him as soon as conference came on. (By the way.. I'm so grateful we get to sit and watch all sessions of conference in the comfort of our home and jammies. I remember growing up when we'd get dressed up and go watch one session at our stake center where it was broadcast).
And of course we had to make conference popcorn (it's just caramel popcorn).
Last year or the year before, the Friend had a fun recipe called General Conference Popcorn and I made it with Logan. It was a bad recipe, so the next conference time, I didn't plan on making it, assuming Logan forgot about it. But of course he remembered and insisted that we had to have it because we were watching General Conference. So it's become a tradition now - Caramel "Conference" popcorn (with a new recipe, though, thank goodness).

Then not pictured is our tradition of having mini pizzas between sessions on Sunday at the Nelsons and staying to watch the afternoon session while babies sleep. So fun! This year we also explored outside in the Nelson's yard, Logan got to smash eggshells in the garden (don't ask.. this all started from Abby, Logan's cousin), and Ben taught us all how to whistle using your thumbs and an acorn top. My husband is so talented... I know.

And on Sunday, Logan insisted on dressing up in church clothes (his western-cut white church shirt, might I add) even though we were staying home for conference. I caught him running and sliding into the kitchen just like this and I laughed so hard because he totally reminded me of Tom Cruise.

See?
And just as a PS: I don't even like Tom Cruise and I've never even seen this movie.
PPS: It actually took me 30 minutes to write this post... hey a girl can try, right?

1 comment:

April Bird said...

That balloon Tin Man is way cool! I agree that it is amazing. It takes great talent to do something like that. I bet Logan just loved it!