Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping!


In July we got to go camping with our friends, the Cooks, down at Diamond Fork, and for the most part we had a good time.

What I DON'T want to remember:

-the heat
-the diarrhea blow-outs (Lincoln... not Ben :)
-the diarrhea accidents (Logan)
-the heat exhaustion
-the throwing up
-the crying babies
-the waking up in the middle of the night
-the throwing up in the tent in the middle of the night
-the (obviously) large pile of dirty little boy clothes
-Oh and don't forget the camper that ran its generator for what? 5? 6 hours? It really made it sound like nature out there :)

Needless to say we were all a little whooped the next morning and pretty much just packed up and left. Forget fishing and hiking.

Ok, Ok, I know that all sounds really negative. Despite all of that there were great times too.

Here's what I DO want to remember:


The Cooks!

Cute babies

The awesome Camp Chef stove that Ben picked up for free on the side of the road the day before. Old but awesome.
And then there's clingy boy... someday I'll miss that I'm sure. Chili was for dinner and Megan and Dave made the best wheat pancakes ever. And bacon. And eggs. And potatoes. Yum.


Boys playing in the hot tents... and then Sol keeping Logan company while he was recovering and cooling off
Sorry - pic won't turn for me. But cute boys, eh?

Ella

Sweet watermelon - thanks Megan!
Relaxing by the camp fire once babies were contained in the tents at bed time.

Best buds at the campfire.
Playing endlessly with the fire wood.
And I can't leave out the great late chats by the fire until midnight.


Meg's invention: the SMOREO. That's why I keep her around... she's brilliant!
(my bad... I forgot the chocolate. )
Nature walk



Picking flowers and holding hands. I love that it's still cool for them to hold hands. :)

Thanks for the good times Cooks... so sorry about the transfer of sickness in the end though. Maybe we should revisit camping as empty-nesters?

5 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I used to be sad that I married a non-camper but now I don't feel so bad about it. :) I'll take my week long trips in a resort, even if they only happen once a year. :)

Katie said...

Glad you guys got to go camping, but sorry about the not so fun stuff!

Unknown said...

Kris!!! I love this post. I'm with you, there were many negative parts of camping I don't care to remember but I loved hanging with the Parkers! I love these pics. We have beautiful adorable children! And I'm glad you documented the creation of the smoreo. Good stuff. Maybe we can try it again when our kids can sleep in their own tent...away from us...maybe in a separate camp site...so we can just chill and get a great nights sleep and then go hiking/fishing. :) Thanks for the great memory!

Lee and Sharon said...

looks like a good camping spot.
Like the firepit too

Tiffany Johnson said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Great pictures.