Saturday, November 6, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year!


I promised myself a week ago that I wouldn't post anything else until I posted about our trip to DC and NY. But all of our pics are on Ben's laptop right now, being burned to DVD as we speak (or should I say, "... as I type"?). I don't even know how to punctuate that last sentence.

Anyway, I couldn't resist doing another post in the meantime.

I love the fall and today was a gorgeous fall day! So with Linc in the stroller and Logan on his trusty blue bike, we walked down to the park for a picnic lunch. I took my camera just in case there was a great photo-op and I'm so glad I did. Leaves were everywhere and the boys had so much fun playing in them. Here are a few... ok, actually A LOT of photos.



Ferdinand the Bull.
Lincoln could have rolled around in the leaves for hours. Nothing existed but him and all those leaves.





I loved this sequence...




Brotherly smothering.... er, I mean brotherly love.


More Ferdinand.




Weirdo. I told him to smile and this is what I got.






Logan and his trusty side kick, Ol' Blue.
He loves this bike. He would sleep with it if we let him.




If you look really close, you can see a speck in the top left corner of the grass. That would be a boy and girl who were (very) busy making out and rolling around all over each other right next to this (very) public trail.

They were much closer to us, but then our fun and noise (i.e. my annoying voices I was using to get Ferdinand to look at the camera) relocated them a few trees further down the trail. So finally, I was able to get this picture without having to photoshop it to make it family friendly. :-)

7 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Cute cute pictures! And funny story about the PDA-loving couple. Gross.

Kaye said...

Cute pictures - you are a talented photographer. And you spent your day with the boys because you graciously lent Ben to Riley for the porch project. Thanks for that. And yes, we are going to dinner. We'll figure out a good night to go. Love ya!

Tamara said...

This so makes me want a nicer camera.

Lee and Sharon said...

These are really cute shots Kris.
I really like that park and I wish I could have made it to the Arboretum this fall but didn't.
Now with the rain most of the leaves are gone. I love the leaves too. Makes you feel like a kid again and again.

jera parker said...

These are the most adorable babies in the world. The photos are so fun. You really have a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Emily said...

These pictures are perfect! I love so many of them but can't explain or point them to you...but they are so cute! You are good at taking them and your boys are so cute. I miss you guys.

Nelka said...

First off-- your kids are adorable. Secondly, you're hilarious. Sorry you had to endure the making out during your family outing. No fun.