Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fun

Is this not the cutest Tin Man you've ever seen? It was very serious business being the Tin Man.



At our Trunk-or-Treat that was rained out. Complete with his ax. Thanks Ben!



The whole gang. Yes... we were the only adults dressed up at the party. :-) Well almost. But we would have crushed a 3 year old's dreams and hopes of having the whole OZ gang as a family. Logan's been planning this and talking about this for so long that there's no way we couldn't dress up.

As soon as I was in costume he started calling me Dorothy. "Where are you going Dorothy? Why are you doing that Dorothy? Dorothy, what is that? Sometimes it was even "Dorothy Mommy". It was quite funny.




After this we went to Pizza Pie Cafe with some friends. We went trick-or-treating to a few houses too and these were the goods...



Sunday night we had a creepy Halloween dinner at the Nelsons. Complete with crusty foot meatloaf, bony rolls, chopped finger salad, chopped fingers and dip, pigs guts (potato, onion and squash hash... it was super good!), and melted wicked witch puddle. And of course it wouldn't be complete without a talking wicked witch center piece. :-)



My masterpiece bloody foot. I know, I know... what can I say? Sculpting meatloaf is my hidden talent.

Playing marbles with Grandma Kaye



Saturday morning we made pumpkin pancakes.



Friday we went to Halloween story time at the library. Afterward they turned on "Monster Mash" music and let the kids dance. Way cute.



Tuesday we painted/poked/carved pumpkins. And amazingly, Hoodoo (in the background) didn't have any painted fur at the end of the night.



Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

Wow, you guys really celebrated this year. Everything looks so fun and Linc is sitting so well now. Great costumes you guys.
Be sure and scrap a page on your Halloween fun.

Nelka said...

That meatloaf foot is probably the creepiest food I've seen in a long time. Good job.

Maegan said...

you guys really did it all! your outfits are so cute, but logan's tin man is my absolute favorite! he looks great! i love your pumpkins...your party pictures made me very sad but i loved them anyway.

Kaye said...

I love all the pics! And yes, Logan is the cutest tinman ever. Thanks for being our only trick-or-treaters and for sharing an impromptu Halloween dinner - so fun!

Katie said...

That is definitely the cutest tin man I've ever seen!! You have such a cute family!! ps- where are those NY pics?

Emily said...

You ALL look so cute dressed up- I love it! It looks like you had a fun Halloween. It's cute that Lo was so involved in his and all of your costumes. And little Linc is so cute and big!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I love love love the costumes! My sister did Dorothy this year as well. (Along with a few other costumes, she goes to so many parties that she dresses up as multiple things every year.) Logan's costume rocks! Hopefully you got the one you were bidding on that one day. I can't wait to see you (I'll plan a get together soon) and hear about your trips. I love the tap dancing video too. Totally made me laugh! I miss you.

Katy said...

Seriously awesome costumes! I love it!