Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Under Construction

I find it ironic that I have a post that I was currently working on about all the projects we've been working on since the beginning of the year. But that got put on hold in order to complete more major projects here at the house. :-)

I've been out of touch with the world since Sunday when my computer (and just about everything else in the house) got packed away for slight renovations.

Yesterday we were able to get all our windows replaced. And tomorrow we're getting new carpet. Yea! That three little word followed by an exclamation mark doesn't fully express the true excitement and giddiness inside me right now! I couldn't stop smiling at all yesterday (until it came time for clean up at 11 pm).

Ben decided that while he had to be home bound all day with the window installers that he'd do a little demolition and tear out the brick floor of our fire place. 30 minutes into that, we decided to just tear our the brick walls of the fireplace as well. Crazy? Yes. But so worth it! (**Insert picture of amazingly talented husband here**).

Anyway, I'll post before and after pics once it's completed. But I am so excited about everything that I just had to share!

As for a pregnancy update, only 1 week to go! I'm huge, swollen and have elephantitis feet and ankles (a.k.a cankles), but happy as a lark. I'm scheduled to be induced next Wednesday, April 28th if the baby hasn't come by then. We've just been praying the baby won't come until after Thursday when we can have the house put back together and actually have baby things set up! I can't wait to see our new little man!

7 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

sounds like you should have sent that man on a bike ride before the window guys came so he would be less inclined to add to the work with you only being one week out. we're excited for you guys and can't wait to see pics of the new place and the new little guy.

Lee and Sharon said...

I am excited to see your new constructed home Kris. It's so fun getting new things for the home. We are making plans to come next week. Sure hope all goes well.

Katie said...

Awesome to all of that!! The windows and carpet will be sooo nice!! And not having that little guy inside you anymore will be such a relief so hang in there! Hopefully we can come visit not long after he arrives! Love you!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Oh my gosh, an induction date! How exciting! I went to the doctor today and hadn't progressed any further than I was last week. Dilated to a 1 and 70% effaced. I know they won't let me go more than a week overdue so I'm planning on having this little gil on May 6th. Which means I can come see you in the hospital with your new baby!!! Yay!!!! Can't wait.

Kaye said...

Not only is your house under construction, so is your body. Good timing - call me when John Lewis Dragnasty gets here!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

wow can't wait to see the new fireplace area. Good job you guys it will be like a whole new house!

Janie Mann said...

Congrats Parker family, what a sweet baby boy! Hope everyone is doing well. We can't wait to come visit sometime... and we can't wait to hear your name. Love you-Janie and Dave