Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pregnancy (version 2.0)

This pregnancy version 2.0 is new and improved over version 1.0. But still, somehow, it has taken the backseat to many other things. Before my mid-section grew to be a bowling ball, I actually forgot I was pregnant most of the time.


There have been requests for pictures and updates, so here we go.

I actually started a pregnancy update post two months ago and never posted it, so here are pregnancy updates as of two months ago.

As of February:



30 weeks

1. I've reached the point where it is really uncomfortable to have Logan sit on my lap for story time and songs. Sad!


2. Tums have become my new best friend.


3. I really love soap. Like... I love it so much I could sit and sniff it all day. And....I love it so much I want to eat it. :-) My favorites so far are Comet, Cascade, my face soap, that nasty powder hand soap that you find in rest stops along the freeway, and my mom's hand sanitizer. Odd, I know. Freakish even? Perhaps.


4. I feel and look like I should be delivering next month, but really I still have three months ahead of me.


30 weeks


5. I REALLY love Fun Dips. Correction. I REALLY love the Fun Dip sticks. I could eat just the sugary tasteless sticks and throw all the powder away, but I eat the powder to make the stick last longer. I think they should make a whole package of just the Fun Dip sticks to sell. Forget the "dipping" part.

6. It now takes almost a full 20 seconds just to turn over in bed.

7. Baby boy is now big enough to shake my belly when he moves. He slides, rolls and glides around rather than kicks these days.

8. Waddling has set in. So much so that I was even asked the other day if I was limping and injured. Nope. That's just the waddle.


As of Now (35 weeks along)
:


35 weeks

1. Tums are still my best friend.


2. Fun Dips still come in a close second place.


3. And if powder soap tasted as good as it smelled then it would tie for second place best friend too.


4. As of last week my belly was measuring 37 cm. Most likely this babe's gonna be a big one too. Go big or go home, er.... right?

5. The energy that came back in second trimester has now been zapped again.

6. No names picked out yet although Logan calls him Lincoln most of the time.


7. Getting off the couch is now a two-step process: (1) scoot to edge of couch then (2) hoist up and out.

8. Unlike pregnancy 1.0, I have many, many, many braxton hicks everyday.


9. And unlike pregnancy 1.0, the swelling is not nearly as bad this time with exception of my hands. I feel like I have carpel tunnel and early arthritis because of the swelling. It has made me really appreciate my normal dexterity that I miss so dearly!

10. Logan tries to feel the "baby brudder" kick and insists on kicking him back.

11. Besides stressing out about getting everything done before baby comes (next post) I am actually feeling great!




35 weeks - can't wait!

20 comments:

Melanie said...

you really look great! i hope that baby comes by the time we get there so we can see him!

Kalli said...

You look GREAT! When I was hugely pregnant, we would go to the park, and Mackay always wanted me to get close to her on the swings so she could kick baby brother. Oh the joys of a sibling.

Oh, and yesterday, I was on the phone with a potential client, and so I left Mackay and Zack on the couch. Oops. I heard Zack give out a whining cry, and when I looked to see what was going on, Mackay was holding him upside down by his ankles. I don't want to know how he got off the couch. And I had to deal with this while on the phone with a potential (probably not) client. Have FUN! I can't wait to hear all of your stories coming up SO SOON!

Samye said...

You look GREAT! He will be here before you know it!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Okay that post was hilarious!! I seriously can't stop laughing. You look amazing and I love that you want to eat soap! Kinda makes me want to have another one...kinda of not really though!

Here's hoping the next 5 weeks go by fast for you!

Stephanie Salmon said...

What a fun post! I need to do one just like it soon. Sorry about the heartburn. I haven't had it one bit and I'm sooooo grateful. Man, our time is sure coming to a close. I'm so excited to meet both our babies.

Katy said...

You make me laugh...oh the joys of pregnancy. :) You look great with your bowling ball! I am glad this pregnancy has been easier on you. Even though you are getting miserable, just be glad you don't have a 2 week old baby right now (Kelsie was 2 wks by the time I should have been 35 wks along. Yikes) Anyway, can't wait to see this little guy! Btw, I like the name Lincoln.

Andy said...

you crack me up Kris. And that soap thing is just weird.

Janie Mann said...

Kris-you look awesome! I can't believe you have baby boy number 2 coming so soon. Good luck with everything, we are excited to meet him! I like the name Lincoln too and I didn't even know that Kimbo was about to have baby boy #2 too, crazy! I guess it's the season for boys...

Tiffany Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said...

Yay for preggo updates! the joys of the 2.o version :) hang in there! you look super!!

Lee and Sharon said...

We finally get some pictures. I know there are other priorities but we just never get to see much of you in person.
Looks like you need a size bigger top - - lol.
Brings back old memories of my baby days. I looked just about like that.
Thanks for pix. Mindy will be happy too.

Torrie and the girls said...

Take out the bowling ball, you're not fooling anyone..... you do look great, I especially love the expression. Isn't it crazy how different pregnancies can be? I hope it continues to go well. we're excited for pics and to know the little man's name. good luck with the next few weeks you have our support from afar.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

i like the facial expressions in your pics. Watch out for those braxton hicks you never know what is real and what is not lol. love ya sis!

Tamara said...

I think that is so funny that the boys are already kicking each other...it starts SO early with boys! :) Cute pics of you Kris!

Erin McSpadden said...

Ah, you are so funny Kris! I love reading your posts it's just like I'm talking to you. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one that likes and enjoys the smell of soap when prego. Thanks for the picks too. Wish we lived closer, I miss you

Kristy said...

Soap?! That is a little freakish! I've always been partial to Comet Cleanser, myself, even when I'm not pregnant! I can't believe you're almost there! WOO-HOO!!!

Kaye said...

I will buy you all the soap and Fun Dip sticks you want. You deserve it.

Marce said...

not to sound redundant, but you really, really, REALLY look great :) so excited for you guys...i loved this post and catching up on you a bit. we sure miss you guys and our good ole Rivergrove ward (even though we know it doesn't even exist anymore...sad!). hope you guys are happy and well! can't wait for baby 2.0 to make his debut!
Marci

Nelka said...

I know that this isn't at all original, but you do look fantastic, and your stories are hilarious. And I've always liked the weird dry powdery soap, so I can at least say that I don't think that part is weird in the slightest.

Katie The Lady said...

I love seeing those teeny, tiny legs sticking out from under that bellie-so cute!

And That face you are making in your first 35 week picture- priceless!!! I hope the next couple of weeks fly by for you!!