Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So far...

Life is never dull with Logan.

So far today:


Logan wakes up at 5:15 am, WIDE AWAKE. We try to put him back to bed. Yeah right.

Because I can't function at 5 am, (ok, I can't really function until 8 am :-) I go out to lay on the couch while he watches Sesame Street, Curious George, Super Why, and even part of "the kids movie" (Polar Express).

5:30 - 8 am: Doze off and on to make sure Lo doesn't kill himself.

8 am: I wake up just a split second before a huge drumstick falls from the sky and hits me in the face. Fat, bruised lip. (I think he threw the drumstick in the air because it was the part in Polar Express where all the Elves throw their hats in the air...is it sad that I know that movie that well?)

8:05 am: I sneak a bite of Lemon cake before breakfast and Logan sees me and insists on Lemon cake too. :-)


8:10 am: Logan breaks a glass on the floor while eating breakfast.
9 am: Logan gets into Ben's things and loses one of the lenses to Ben's sun glasses. (NOT good. Sorry hun.)

11 am: Take a shower finally. When I get out, Logan has fallen asleep on the couch. When I pick him up, I see a chocolate chip he was sitting on melted nicely into our sofa.


11:05 am: Logan takes an early nap? No such luck. He wakes right back up.


11:30 am: Logan actua
lly asks to go potty (a first!) and does so with success.

1:oo pm: While out running errands, Logan steps in mud and while getting in the car, smears it on the seat in front of him (not on purpose).


2:50 pm: Lo picks a book to read before nap time called "David Gets in Trouble". How fitting. :-)


And now he's down for nap. Hooray! Oh wait, he's waking up again. Gotta go :-)

7 comments:

Tamara said...

Kristi - can I give you a short break? Seems like you deserve it.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Yikes, I guess it's too late for me to back out of this motherhood thing now, isn't it? :)

Lee and Sharon said...

It pays to get up early and be one step ahead

but all said - I love your blog and happy adventures.

Melissa said...

wow-what a day with that boy! I hear ya-I don't function until 8 (at least!) and getting up with kids is so hard!

Kaye said...

I think he needs a few hours at grandma Kaye's and grandpa Riley's. Let's work something out!

And by the way, I had one of those once.

Nelka said...

You're amazing. Can I just say? Ok, good. Done and done. Also, it has been ages since I've seen you. I'd love to stop by for a visit some time.

Leah said...

Don't you love life with a little boy? They keep you on your toes. I'm sorry to say but it doesn't get any easier. But it does get more fun!

Hope things are still going well with your little non-sleeper.

XOXO