Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Logan Updates

Wowee am I behind on posting! Logan has changed so much lately, so I thought I'd post on his latest and greatest:

1. Logan's 2nd Birthday Party: So I realize this party was almost two months ago, but I thought it was so fun that I couldn't not post some pictures of it. Anyone who knows Logan knows that he is the hat man. He adores hats. So we thought it only fitting to base his party on one of his favorite books, "You YOU Have a Hat?" by Eileen Spinelli, and we had everyone wear their favorite hat.




2. The next exciting thing that has happened is the weaning of the binky! It was bitter sweet. He was ready for the change, but Ben and I weren't. I think we've had to wean ourselves from the binky more than Logan! He only got it at nap and bedtime and the occassional public situation :-), but man was it nice to have for those 3 hour afternoon naps! Overall, the effort to take the binky away (which wasn't really bad at all) was very much worth the comfort it gave Logan these past two years.



3. His vocabulary has exploded once again and he's forming sentences now. (Referring to a sticker on his cheek: "I want sticker orange, I want blue off.")

4. He's got his colors and some shapes down pretty well.


5. He's singing songs. He loves to sing Happy Birthday and the beginning of the ABC's. (video to come soon).

6. He's going pee in his own potty at times, when he chooses. This is nothing I'm forcing and honestly I'm not ready for potty training quite yet, and I don't think Logan is either. But he goes everytime before bathtime, and will occassionally ask for the potty. It's fun to see how proud he is of himself when he goes!



7. And last, but not least, he loves Mr. Potato Head and loves to sport his accessories.

11 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

so so so cute. You have some great pictures of him. Also, I desperately want some of the pics from his birthday. you got some good pictures. He's such a smart little guy.. and I feel ya on the binkie... can't they just keep them till they are 5???? sleep and nap times are GREAT with binkies.

Kalli said...

Congrats on getting rid of the binkie! We decided to take Mackay's away on her second birthday. It was actually a bit traumatic for me not hearing the familiar sound of her sweetly sucking on her binkie as she drifted off to sleep. It made me sad! But of course, Mackay was fine. The moment of sadness definitely outweighs the way I look at those 3-4 year olds that are walking around, trying to talk with a binkie in their mouth, though.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

He is such a cutie!! I love that last picture of him with the Mr. Potato head accessories!! Hilarious...

Em and Ms said...

I love those 2 pictures with the white background--so cute! I agree with you completely on the binky--it's so worth all the comfort they get. We stopped Madelyn cold turkey when she turned 18 months and really, she was fine, but I don't think she would have been before. That's so awesome that he's learning so many new things! It's fun and sad at the same time to watch them grow up.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Sorry we never made it to the party. His cake looks so awesome! Kristi, we really need to get together soon. It has been way too long.

Lee and Sharon said...

Logan's birthday party sounds so fun. How many hats does he have now? Those are really fun pictures and so sorry we have to miss all of the fun times with the grandchildren. Maybe some day we can come to some birthdays.

Andrea said...

Kris! Thank you for posting this! I love to see how Logan is growing and changing. It's amazing how fast they can pick up on things now. Congrats on the binky. The learning is the best-the shapes and colors and numbers. I love those moments! Kain still leaves 7 out when counting to 10, but he's got time. The potty training is awesome! Kain hasn't started, but he's got time for that too. I am so proud of Logan,and so proud of You and Ben for being such patient, willing parents. Miss you all tons!

Erin McSpadden said...

what a great party idea! and I love the facial hair dude!

Marce said...

cuuuuttee! what great pictures you got from his birthday and beyond! wowzas...but i guess it isn't hard with him being such a cutie.

Unknown said...

Such cute picutres!! I love that second to last one. He's a doll!

Bella said...

Nice site, I have enjoyed the posts. I was having major problems with my son's binky addiction. My friend raved about the cut method, and all of the psychology behind it. There is a free site; www.bye-bye-binky.com -on dropping the binky. Very cool stuff, worked beautifully for my son. Four days later he did not want anything to do with his binky (his choice btw). I am also interested in others experiences with this method.... Bella