Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stop Your Crying

I have to share one of my favorite birthday presents from last November because they have taken my cooking to a whole new dimension...ok, maybe not. But they've at least made it a bit more bearable.

My Onion Goggles!
A couple weeks before my birthday, I was browsing through a kitchen store with my mom, drooling over all the fun kitchen gadgets that I can't justify buying, and I saw these onion goggles. I laughed and told my mom that I really need these and then put them back on the shelf. And low and behold, what was in my birthday package from Mom two weeks later? Onion goggles, of course.

These babies are amazing. Do they look nerdy? Yes. But I don't care! It is incredibly exhilarating to be able to stand over an onion and cut it without having to squint through the tears and pain, sniffling so my runny nose doesn't drip into my food. (ok, that's gross). Normally Ben has to cut the onions when I cook because he wears contacts and it doesn't bother him, but not anymore. I love these things!

So anyone who is sensitive to onions and cooks a lot, these are for you! Thanks a million Mom. :-)



Logan loves them too.

PS) I absolutely loved all of my birthday presents, a big thank you to all. :-)

15 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

That's awesome Kris, I have the same problem! They are fun and I think you look cute :) Now I know what to ask for...

Em and Ms said...

Happy late Birthday! Those goggles are hilarious. I've never had a problem with onions--but I guess maybe it's because I wear contacts too! I'm like you, I go into kitchen stores all the time just to drool. Williams Sonoma is awesome for that.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Ha! I could use some of those. I usually end up with no mascara on my bottom lashes after I've been chopping onions. Brandon is good to do it for me. Don't know why it doesn't bother him.

Lee and Sharon said...

Hey Kris - they are cute and I'm glad you are actually using them. I thought that they would just be kind of a "joke" between the two of us and a fun present to open.
ha ha - love you even with goggles on.

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

oh so cute and very fashionable, I think you are going to start a new trend in Utah!

Katy said...

Those are some hot glasses! I have never understood why people cry while chopping onions...they have never bothered me.

Tiffany Johnson said...

That's awesome! Exactly what I need! I always try really hard to cut them really fast... but then you run the risk of also cutting something other than the onion! :-) And by the way.. you couldn't look nerdy if you tried!

Katie and Jason said...

sweeet! You look stylin'!!

carrie said...

That's for dropping that CD by the other day. You really do a great job with the primary! I think every time you come by my house is a mess and I promise it is not always that way...we just got back into town from a week long vacation. I am still not completely unpacked...I hate that part:)

Live everyday to its fullest said...

Those are GREAT!!!!!! Nothing like cutting onions without bawling!!!!

carrie said...

Thank you SOOOOO much for last Thursday night! You seriously are a lifesaver!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Kris- I made a scrapbook page about Logan and Kain- I wanted you to see it! Miss you guys!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dinkfuente/ScrapbookPages#5313966773011860914

Melissa said...

I thought that was just a cute, random, kitchen thing that I'd never think of getting b/c one just doesn't need such a specialized thing--that was until yesterday I got an onion that was so bad i just about cut my fingers off b/c I kept closing my eyes and crying it was SO bad! Then I wished I had your goggles :-)

Emily said...

Where did you find those goggles? They are great and I TOTALLY understand. That is my most emotional time ever! I love the trip update too. It's good to see how much fun you had!